Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

15cc Gas RCGF engine information thread

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

15cc Gas RCGF engine information thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 01:42 PM
yearnin to Fly
My Feedback: (52)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15cc Gas RCGF engine information thread

As stated above this thread is for, The 15cc Gas RCGF engine information. I am doing this so we do not have to wade through hundreds of pages just to get the info we need and want about the RCGF 15cc Gasoline engine.

I will be posting informatio sent to me from the buyers of the 15cc engines, so others can see what the owners of the RCGF 15cc engines have to say.

THANKS!!

Remember once you go GAS all you have to do is FLIP and FLY!!
Old 02-06-2010, 01:57 PM
yearnin to Fly

Default RE: 15cc Gas RCGF engine information thread

Here is some of the information one of the people who bought several of these 15cc engines emailed me back after running them.

David,

I was able to get some gas through both engines today. With only about 12 ounces of gas through them, I'm getting a bit more RPM out these new engines.

Top Flight Power Point 14x6 - 8700 RPM - 8.34 Static Trust
JXF 14x8 - 8010 RPM - 8.65 Static Thrust
JXF 15x6 - 8150 RPM - 9.46 Static Thrust. This surprised me so I went back several times to make sure I was getting a good reading. Looks like the engines likes the 15x6 and about 8000 RPM.

This about a pound more thrust than I was getting on the old engines and considerably better than has been reported on RCUniverse. I have not really tried to adjust the needles anymore than what I needed to get them to run and idle reliably and they are far from broken in. I'm running 91 octane with 32-1 Penzoil Aircooled 2 cycle oil. I think we will see 200-300 RPM improvement when they are broken in and I switch over to 40-1 synthetic oil.

I want to say thank you to the gentleman that emailed me this information.

I am still testing and running the 15cc engines on my own planes, and we are working on coming out with an arf/plane, 15cc RCGF engine combo to sell here on RCU.

Once you go GAS all you do is FLIP and FLTY!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 03:19 PM
RCplanman
My Feedback: (16)

David, Great idea to start this thread, thank you. I don't have one yet-been waiting for Henry or Steve to bring one out. Would you post
a few photos of your installation re: your choke linkage?. Thanks, Bill
Old 02-06-2010, 05:42 PM
ghitt
My Feedback: (45)

David, thank you Very much for starting this thread. This is something that should be done for all of the engines from now on. There are so many sizes made by the different companies and I imagine most people stick to certain sizes and may only be interested in those. Again, thanks.

Idid get my last shipment in for the 15cc and 20cc. Have been dealing with the blizzard we got over the weekend and have not had time to work on anything other than shoveling show!

For all of you guys out there that are interested in these engine. David is THE person to deal with. I have bought 4 engines so far from him and have Never seen service as good as his, period. Not kidding. This guy loves to work with them and he knows a lot about them. Another thing that impressed me was how quickly he ships and how well they are packaged. Try one and you will love it. I am still breaking in my first 15cc and it purrs like a kitten. The thing sips fuel, took me over 3 hours to run 1/2 gallon thru it at fast idle. Starts easy too, better than most of my glow engines! Let us all know how you like them.

Here is a link to one of the engines David is selling, cute little thing huh....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=597894

This is a link to one of his engines running on a 4 star 60.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9h-l5PNdws
Old 02-06-2010, 07:42 PM
RACJ

I would think a profile ARF would be popular for this engine. 3D or just a good Fun-Fly profile that could be left assembled all the time to toss in car or compact truck for a quick trip to the field. Bring it out in plain white and everyone add their own graphics. I'll email you my addy so you can send me my royalties(or a freebee)
Old 02-08-2010, 04:21 PM
sidav

hi guys what would the eqivelent 2 stroke ..
Old 02-08-2010, 05:13 PM
yearnin to Fly

ORIGINAL: sidav

hi guys what would the eqivelent 2 stroke ..
So far, the output on the 15cc gas engine is just a little under the output of a OS 61 nitro engine, and close to the output of a 71 fourstroke engine.

I am still running the newest batch and I am waiting on the engines to get more broke in before posting the exact results.

I have several customers that have emailed me to let me know they are VERY happy with the performance of them.

I am getting ready to buils an aero works 46 61 size edge 540t so I can do more testing. I will post pics as I get the build up going.

remember once you go GAS, All you do is FLIP and FLY!!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Piston
My Feedback: (1)

Hey All
A bit of a clarification

The OS .60 outputs about 12 pounds of thrust, the RCGF 15 is about 8 pounds of thrust.
It is great some of the customers are pleased with the performance of the engines.

Cheers
Henry
Old 02-08-2010, 07:29 PM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Piston

Hey All
A bit of a clarification

The OS .60 outputs about 12 pounds of thrust, the RCGF 15 is about 8 pounds of thrust.
It is great some of the customers are pleased with the performance of the engines.

Cheers
Henry

Henry,

With the right prop I got the 9.46 static on the new engines. This new engine is not a powerhouse compared to a good glow engine and it is heavier. But is producing more than 8 pounds.

JXF 15x6 - 8150 RPM - 9.46 Static Thrust. This surprised me so I went back several times to make sure I was getting a good reading. Looks like the engines likes the 15x6 and about 8000 RPM.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:49 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about running an APC 14x4W and a 15x4W so I can compare it to my old Saito .82 fourstroke.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:05 AM
jdeltano

ORIGINAL: RACJ

I would think a profile ARF would be popular for this engine. 3D or just a good Fun-Fly profile that could be left assembled all the time to toss in car or compact truck for a quick trip to the field. Bring it out in plain white and everyone add their own graphics. I'll email you my addy so you can send me my royalties(or a freebee)
How would one go about mounting this engine on a profile type fuse?
Old 02-09-2010, 11:13 AM
gsmith6879

ORIGINAL: mrbigg

How about running an APC 14x4W and a 15x4W so I can compare it to my old Saito .82 fourstroke.
I don't have 14x4W. I think the 14x4W would not be enough prop for this engine. I do have a 15x4W. I ran it on one of the first engines and got the best performance of all props I tried using Pe's calculator. I didn't save those numbers. When the weather warms a bit I plan to run both of the new engines on my Bronco. I'll run the 15x4W and let you know the numbers.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:15 AM
RACJ

Copy the flat aluminum plate mount from the 50cc profiles available from OMP. Simple.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:16 AM
yearnin to Fly

ORIGINAL: jdeltano

ORIGINAL: RACJ

How would one go about mounting this engine on a profile type fuse?
I am working on a line of profile planes for the 15cc engine line. I hope to have a combo package for sale here on rcu within 2 weeks.

If you want you can call me for more info, at 618-566-4102

Remember once you go GAS, All you do is FLIP and FLY!!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:48 AM
skillet92

ORIGINAL: Piston

Hey All
A bit of a clarification

Cheers
Henry
Lets see, no messy oil covered plane, flip and go, less fuel weight, and about 3 bucks a gallon compared to 20-25. And my personal favorite, A LOT better fuel economy. And did I mention no oily plane to clean up!

Piston, I agree with ya that a glow of similar size is more powerful but for a non 3d plane these little engines perform great. The smallest gas that I have at the moment is a G-20 in a Seagull 90 sized yak. Yes it weights 10+ lbs and is not a 3d'er, but that is not how I fly that plane and It does have unlimited vertical.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:18 AM
gunny11
My Feedback: (6)

Oh man!!

Great that I have found this newly started thread.
The other thread of 192 pages was just mind boggling.
Thanks again for starting this thread on the 15cc.

I think a pair of these engines would be ideal in the Top Flite B-25 Bomber. I fly twins and multi engine planes and the glow exhaust residue on my C-130 is....well, you know. 4 times slug-gier like an oil tanker.

So, what do you guys think? I fly scale speeds. The B-25 takes .55's 2 stroke glow or .72's 4 strokes.

Thanks,

Gunny
Old 02-10-2010, 03:34 AM
aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: gunny11

Oh man!!

Great that I have found this newly started thread.
The other thread of 192 pages was just mind boggling.
Thanks again for starting this thread on the 15cc.

I think a pair of these engines would be ideal in the Top Flite B-25 Bomber. I fly twins and multi engine planes and the glow exhaust residue on my C-130 is....well, you know. 4 times slug-gier like an oil tanker.

So, what do you guys think? I fly scale speeds. The B-25 takes .55's 2 stroke glow or .72's 4 strokes.

Thanks,

Gunny
Absolutley a reasonable choice for that
Ok -

They will be a little heavier than the glows suggested but that plane wil easily deal with that increase in the wing loading.
You will have more throttle stick movement to fly with - even full throttle wil give you a good scale speed (which wil make your flying look much better too)
Will have the advantages of small Gas - reliability and Cleaner running.

This is one of the applications where I do endorse these engines as the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:10 AM
gunny11
My Feedback: (6)

Aussiesteve. I agree.

I got into giant scale because of my love with gas engines. Pretty much stopped flying my .60 sized warbird. But because of this new little gas engine, the .60 size birds may just come back into play with one of these babies installed. Better yet..... a B-17 with 4 of these installed would be the cream of the crop for me.

very cool.

Gunny
Old 02-10-2010, 01:10 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: gunny11

Aussiesteve. I agree.

I got into giant scale because of my love with gas engines. Pretty much stopped flying my .60 sized warbird. But because of this new little gas engine, the .60 size birds may just come back into play with one of these babies installed. Better yet..... a B-17 with 4 of these installed would be the cream of the crop for me.

very cool.

Gunny
Man, that B17 would be SWEEET!!!! I remember attending my first "fly-in" and watching a B17 with four, 4 stroke engines. Talk about cool.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Easy Flier
My Feedback: (7)

Thanks for starting the new thread. I still haven't decided which to get for my Hanger 9 Corsair, the 15cc or 20cc. From what I've read the 20cc is most likely the one. Still have some electric stuff and older planes to sell to get new toys.

Later
JT
Old 02-10-2010, 06:53 PM
yearnin to Fly

I would like to say thank you to all the freindly folks who have called me, emailed me, and even posted on here. I am getting alot of good feedback. Lots of real good ideas, and I hope to use alot of them to offer better service in the future.

I am waiting on some profile planes to come in that I want to install the RCGF 15cc Gas engines on and see what they will do.

Me and several others on here and around the world want a plane to be able to stick in the back seat and go to the flight feild with. ( one of the great ideas one caller gave me) THANKS!!!!!

Or even to have a small plane to warm up on before we fly our scale planes. And I again say thanks to all of you who have given me your ideas.

If anyone has any ideas of an airplane model that we could put the 15cc RCGF engine on, PLEASE give me a hollar. 618-566-4102, or just drop me an email.

To me this looks like it is going to be ALOT of FUN!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:34 PM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Mine is doing a great job of flying my Great planes 60 stik on floats. Off snow
Old 02-11-2010, 09:26 AM
spaceworm

I like the idea of thro0wing something in the back seat and go flying. But, I don't like the smell of gasoline in the car. I use Coleman and Pennzoil in my G23 and have had great results. Will/can the 15cc run on Coleman fuel? Or, more technically, what is the compression ration of the 15cc.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:14 PM
gsmith6879

I bought 2 of these little engines from David at Gas RC Hobby Engines to put on my new Uravitch 81" Bronco. His support and service is great. I had custom mufflers built by Bisson and rotated one of the cylinders/pistons to allow both engines to face in board. I have run the engines on the bench and love the ease of starting and reliability. The airplane is finished and just waiting on better weather to test run and fly.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44460.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	1378038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25701.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	1378039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33017.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1378040  
Old 02-16-2010, 11:45 AM
yearnin to Fly

I just got a new Katana V2 profile plane. This is the one I want to mount the new 15cc RCGF engine on. I will post pics of the way I am going to mount the engine. Its been busy so Here we GO!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.