Default RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

PM sent

Milton
Old 01-29-2012, 09:48 AM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Milton,
What ever happened with the 23cc? Don't hear to much about it.

Andy
Old 01-29-2012, 09:54 AM
BadAzzMaxx

It is still manufactured and sold, From what I know it is trouble free.

I think the reason it is not popular is because it is rear mounted and not beam mounted, A engine that small I think needs to be beam mounted.

Milton
Old 01-29-2012, 10:18 AM
RCplanman
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

milton, I have a rear mounted what I thought was a 20 cc JC . Is it a 23cc ? Good luck on your new venture.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:31 AM
BadAzzMaxx

I was kinda out of the loop when those engines came out and do not know but will try to find out for you.

Milton
Old 01-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Champ-RCU
My Feedback: (132)

This is my humble opinion,

I do have a jc28 with a broken crank. I have tried to get parts for the past four (4) months with no positive result. The first time I mentioned it on RCU was last week. Got info on a supplier in England, no crankshaft. Then Milton AKA BaddAzzMaxx got involved. He PM'd me that he contacted Kevin at JC and he was able to get me a crankshaft. I jumped on that deal like a chicken on a Junebug. Soon after that Milton again PM'd me that I could trade my broken 2 year old 28cc for a brand new 30cc. At first I told Milton I just wanted the crank. Then I went upstairs for diner and the Pitts I'm putting the 28cc in was sitting in the living room. Finally enough nutrition and oxygen made it to my little brain. I asked myself do I want a used two year old 28cc with a broken crank that I don't really want to putz with changing a crank. Plus who knows what other damage may have been done when it broke. Or a brand new 30cc with the backing of someone like Milton. No brainer for me. I ran downstairs to my Personal Confuser and PM'd Milton that if it was still an option that I would prefer the 30cc engine. So for basically $150 I'll get a brand new engine. Where else can you use a product for 2 years and have the dealer say you have two options repair or replacement + some$?

In my opinion it's a good deal. If you need replacement parts it's still a good deal. Thanks to Milton.

Now I will miss my little28. It is a cute little powerplant that I enjoyed very much. I hope mynew 30 will be as good if not better (Plus have a longer life!)

Thanks again Milton.

Mark
Old 01-29-2012, 03:21 PM
FullSpool
My Feedback: (12)

The jc23evo is a good motor, I have one on my 1/4 scale clipped wing cub. I carry the whole jc line at www.vital-rc.com and have been working with Kevin awhile also. I think he is finally coming around to producing goodqualitymotors and once people give the new JC evos a 2nd chance peoples minds will be changed. It's going to be a rough road ahead pushing these motors but I think Milton along myself will do anything we can to help USA customersreceivea goodqualitymotor for acompetitiveprice.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:20 AM
BadAzzMaxx

A little better news on the 28cc exchange.

Kevin and I have been trying to figure out a way to get the cost down some on the exchange for the 28cc to the 30cc to try and help with the problems some are having with the 28cc.

Now if you have one and do not have a problem with it, There is no need to make the exchange unless you just want to.

What we came up with is $100.00 Exchange plus actual shipping cost from me, He is going to put the engines that people want to exchange in with my orders and it will save a lot on getting them to the US,

Now if you are outside the US you and want to make the exchange it will still be $100.00 plus shipping cost from him.

If anyone want to make the exchange they need to contact me at [email protected]

Mark, Sending you a PM.

Milton
Old 01-31-2012, 08:10 AM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running a JC-28 and have some questions. I'm only partially happy with the engine and I'll clarify. It starts easy cold or hot and runs fine with a couple of exceptions. I like to fuel and start my planes on a bench but can't pick the JC-28 up off the bench and set it on the ground without it stalling. Also, in the air, I must not come to less than 1/4 throttle during a spin or aerobatic maneuver or it might go dead. In both cases it is going rich and needs several flips to clean out and restart but the LS needle cannot be leaned any further as it then sags on spool up.

Am I a candidate for the deal?

If so, are the motor mount positions the same?

How long is the window to deal?

Old 01-31-2012, 08:32 AM
BadAzzMaxx

I think you have what some people are having with the 28 that they call tilt and die.

Turn around time is from 1-4 week, all in when I have shipments coming to me.

Mounting pattern is the same.

Anyone an call me 678 372 7697

Milton
Old 01-31-2012, 10:27 PM
novayusa

Milton,
Good to see you and Kevin hands up together. Must be many things I missed in the period of time.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Champ-RCU
My Feedback: (132)

Got my 30cc. Looks great.

Thanks Milton

Mark
Old 02-12-2012, 04:32 AM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Mate, I don't want to show you up in any way but I must say I think what Milton is trying to do is a good thing and it is also a good thing if JC Engines have decided it's a good idea to make good with previous customers who have been let down by a combination of poor quality from the factory previously and also by unscrupulous distributors who have sworn black and blue that "trust me, the engines I sell are better than the engines offered through other channels".
That reterick caused more damage to the brand and customer satisfaction than any quality issues with the product from the factory.

I'm probably wrong but you sound just like one of those former distributors and use the same words and way of writing. Are you two somehow related?
You both seem to take every opportunity to have a go at this brand and also another similar from the same country.

Milton has a long history of looking after his customers through thick and thin and his latest move further reinforces the fact that he's a standup guy.

ORIGINAL: Ropomond

Well done for stepping up to the plate Milton. At least now there is an experienced seller helping Kevin to make a profit. I sure hope the Leopard has changed its spots.

But that doesn't seem like a very good deal to the customer (or to you).

So that the factory can avoid warranty on the 28's, the customer must pay more (must be close to his normal factory price for the engine). Didn't the factory previously offer a 3 year warranty on all the old engines? Perhaps this should be free, or just the cost of shipping perhaps.

I have a couple of questions

Is this a world wide offer or just for the USA?

Does this also apply to the many 53cc and 106cc (Area 51 and 102) engines out there that people have written off as a bad joke?
Old 02-12-2012, 04:33 AM
apalsson

.. Double-post, sorry ..
Old 02-12-2012, 06:23 AM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: Champ-RCU

Got my 30cc. Looks great.

Thanks Milton

Mark

You got yours before the others.

It was the first to get to me and I had one in stock so just sent you that one and had Kevin to replace it.

The others will go out Monday.

Milton
Old 02-12-2012, 08:57 AM
meanrc
My Feedback: (2)

Milton

Thank You for what you are doing for Us. Looking Fwd to receiving mine.

Thanks Again

Jk
Old 02-12-2012, 11:02 AM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: meanrc

Milton

Thank You for what you are doing for Us. Looking Fwd to receiving mine.

Thanks Again

Jk
Glade I could help out.

I am in the hobby also and know how it feels to buy something that is not up to what it should be.

Milton
Old 02-12-2012, 12:07 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

Kevin..

Hello..   I have what I believe to be an Extra.  it has a 92" WS, and the airframe weight is at 18 lbs w/o engine or electronics I am looking to make this aircraft a gasser (purchased used w/o engine no clue as to what size or type engine was in it prior) I would like to have enough power to hover and do 3D flying. would the 60cc engine that you have be enough for this aircraft, or would I need the 120?   it seems to me that there is a large gap, jumping from the 60cc to the 120 cc something between the two would be great.

anyway, what is your opinion as to what engine would suit my purposes?

Thanks, Craig.. 
Old 02-12-2012, 12:26 PM
BadAzzMaxx

That is a heavy airframe for today standards. LOL

Probably will come out around 24-25 lbs all up when finished, Sounds like a Edge I used to have that was 90" and 23 lbs all up, Flew it with a 80cc.

Most planes using a 100 to 120cc class engine are all up weight from around 26-28 lbs.

Measure your cowl and see how wide it is, If wide enough not to look funny with a 120cc twin it might be the way to go.

Here is the dimension on the 120cc http://www.jcengine.com/ziliao/JC-120.jpg

Ground clearance is also a issue, The engine swings a 28-29" two blade prop, But you could go a smaller prop and go up on the pitch.

Milton
Old 02-12-2012, 09:52 PM
SeaJay

Milton,

thanks for the quick response.. I am attempting to add a few pics to help with the planes identity.. I believe that it is an Extra, due to it's having a swept LE, as well as a Tapered TE, the pics of an edge that I looked at had a straight LE, with the tapered TE.. The Plane has a 17" clearance from the ground to the center of the cowl with the aircraft in a slightly nose down attitude, so theoretically, it could spin a 28" prop with a 3" ground clearance. the cowl is sligtly over 12" wide at the cheeks.

do you think the 120 would be too much engine for this aircraft?? as it stands, it seems that the 60 would be too little, and maybe the 120 too much.. (am I sounding like goldi locks, eating the porridge? anyway, whats your opinion?

I think I included all the info, let me know if you need additional info.

Thanks again, Craig.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40916.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1726347   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75043.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1726348   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99184.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1726349  
Old 02-12-2012, 11:06 PM
BadAzzMaxx

That is a Cap

Milton
Old 02-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Planeclothes

Looks like a Giles 200 or 202 to me.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:34 AM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: Planeclothes

Looks like a Giles 200 or 202 to me.
That was my first thought until I look at the stabilizer, Is up high on the turtle deck like a Cap.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:44 AM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: SeaJay

Milton,

thanks for the quick response.. I am attempting to add a few pics to help with the planes identity.. I believe that it is an Extra, due to it's having a swept LE, as well as a Tapered TE, the pics of an edge that I looked at had a straight LE, with the tapered TE.. The Plane has a 17'' clearance from the ground to the center of the cowl with the aircraft in a slightly nose down attitude, so theoretically, it could spin a 28'' prop with a 3'' ground clearance. the cowl is sligtly over 12'' wide at the cheeks.

do you think the 120 would be too much engine for this aircraft?? as it stands, it seems that the 60 would be too little, and maybe the 120 too much.. (am I sounding like goldi locks, eating the porridge? anyway, whats your opinion?

I think I included all the info, let me know if you need additional info.

Thanks again, Craig.

Was not ignoring your question, Wanted to do some thinking on what I would really do if it was me.

With what I think the all up weight is going to be I would go with at least a 100cc engine but again the 120 is in the same weight and a little lighter than some of them.

The 120 from spark plug to spark plug cap is about 11 1/2", With the offset for right thrust one of the plug caps will probably be sticking out the right side of the cowl.

The only other option I think that might give you good 3D is if you could pick up a good used DA 80 at a good price, I do not believe a ZDZ 80 will give you what you need.

hope this helps you.

Milton

Milton
Old 02-13-2012, 03:56 PM
SeaJay

Milton.. 

I knew you weren't ignoring me..  I am glad that you mulled it over..  it's a difficult decision as to what to do, and I can use all the help I can get.. 

I was thinking that if I were it get the 120, maybe I could somehow mold a couple of little extra bumps (for a lack of a better term) on the side of the cowl that the Plugs could nestle into..  I have some thinking to do, as I am not the greatest at molding anything..

thanks again, Craig.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.