RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/8862472-syssa-30cc-gas-made-usa.html)

JNorton 07-07-2009 10:28 AM

RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

I'll bet Todd just forgot to attach the file. Lord knows I've done it enough!

John

Syssa Aircraft 07-10-2009 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok...here are a few quick photos of the engine in the H9 Mustang 1.50. It fits nicely and easily in there...

This is one of the test engines...so remember the finish is not the same as the production engines...which is black anodized.
We'll see how it flies soon!

We have not touched the air inlet...and am going to see how it does as is...if it needs it...we will open it a bit.

hope this answers some questions on how it fits...

DamonR 07-10-2009 06:59 AM

Hi Todd,

The Mustang looks great, will you fly it this weekend?

I've got a few items left to complete the replacement Kangke Extra 300, I hope the engine wasn't damaged. I hope to test run it on Sunday, I may make it to the field, but it's going to be a busy weekend.

Damon

Syssa Aircraft 07-10-2009 07:01 AM

...might fly it Sunday...maybe Saturday...but not likely. I will let you know!

PacificNWSkyPilot 07-10-2009 07:46 AM

The hole looks small....until you look at the size of the plane compared to the engine on that side-view. The engine is actually tiny in there and that hole isn't that small at all. Plenty of flow-exhaust area too. I agree, I'd wait and see. I'm thinking you should be fine.

(Not that anybody really needs my approval, but hey, ya got it anyway!)

Jim

Scooterpilot 07-10-2009 08:06 AM

I like the look of the raw motor versus being black. Either way, it's on order and I'm waiting for it to hit my doorstep when production starts.

Nice setup in the Stang.

Just my 2 cents.

karolh 07-10-2009 08:37 AM

ORIGINAL: tsyssa

...might fly it Sunday...maybe Saturday...but not likely. I will let you know!
Will there be the option of a natural finish engine or the black coating offered?

Karol

PacificNWSkyPilot 07-10-2009 08:40 AM

I want the black on mine.....

Jim

Syssa Aircraft 07-10-2009 08:51 AM

Thanks...

They will be all black anodized with the engraving...
sorry...it looks nice though

DamonR 07-10-2009 08:57 AM

So I've seen both, and agree that the black one looks great. But, I've got Saito's which looked like art work in a jewel case when I purchased them and I haven't seen in ages because they are hidden by the cowl! I put my ignition battery in the fuselage, not attached to the motor box as I've seen in many construction manuals, so my cowls rarely come off.

Not sure which aircraft to purchase for this engine, I'm thinking the Funtana 125, or the new Extreme Flight Extra that Todd's been talking to me about. There must be many other alternatives in this weight class, I prefer an aerobat or pattern type plane.

Damon

super_nova 07-10-2009 09:03 AM

Check out the Fliton Extra 330 120C. Its a good fit for this engine as well: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_88..._1/key_/tm.htm

The Aeroworks .90-1.20 Yak would work and Pilot RC has a new Yak available at the end of the month. They have a good reputation: http://www.pilot-rc.com/ProductShow.aspx?id=79

PeakModel.com also has some stuff. The Extreme Flight Extra looks like a great choice but its still going to be a few months before the gas version is available by the sounds of it.

There are probably some good pattern ships for this engine. But I haven't really been looking for those.

rmathews 07-10-2009 01:20 PM

Nice Todd,that P51 cowl just swallows your engine.Will be a easy to cowl clean running gas engine for all those Rolls-Royce powered 1.2 to 1.8 size warbirds.Let all us locals know when you are ready for the maiden flight. Rich

ottertok 07-12-2009 08:17 PM

Hi Todd, when do you expect to be shipping out engines? And when do you think the twins will be available?

Thanks for the e-mail response today Todd, really appreciate it.

Scooterpilot 07-17-2009 12:50 PM

Hey Todd,

Do you have any more flight reports?

Regards,

P-51B 07-20-2009 08:18 AM

Thanks...

They will be all black anodized with the engraving...
sorry...it looks nice though

I agree it looks nice. I would love to see it in something other than black also though. Maybe Red.

PacificNWSkyPilot 07-20-2009 05:54 PM

RED....OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :^)

Yummy.

Jim

Syssa Aircraft 07-20-2009 06:15 PM

well..I would love to make red ones...but we're trying to keep things simple. Black goes with everything...and not too many other engines are black...black has a slightly higher emissivity as well....but thats an argument for a whole other day! LOL Also, doesn't almost everyone have a cowl on their plane these days?!?

Right now...I am much more concerned about tolerances, heat treating, Ru finish numbers on bearing raceways, etc...basically worrying about all these little things that are very critical to getting the best possible performance...

And wish I had time to make them in a rainbow of colors...but I simply do not...

RCAddiction 07-20-2009 06:29 PM

Todd, I think the guys asking for bling colors must be closet heli guys :D

Syssa Aircraft 07-20-2009 06:30 PM

LOL...eventually...maybe we'll offer them...

DLEVETT 07-20-2009 09:37 PM

I like the black crakcase, its different.

jbdismukes 07-21-2009 07:50 AM

Bling is nice, but PERFORMANCE IS EVERYTHING!!

mrbigg 07-21-2009 09:18 AM

ORIGINAL: jbdismukes

Bling is nice, but PERFORMANCE IS EVERYTHING!!
[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

P-51B 07-21-2009 10:37 AM

well..I would love to make red ones...but we're trying to keep things simple. Black goes with everything...and not too many other engines are black...black has a slightly higher emissivity as well....but thats an argument for a whole other day! LOL Also, doesn't almost everyone have a cowl on their plane these days?!?

Right now...I am much more concerned about tolerances, heat treating, Ru finish numbers on bearing raceways, etc...basically worrying about all these little things that are very critical to getting the best possible performance...

And wish I had time to make them in a rainbow of colors...but I simply do not...

Emissivity, that's one I haven't heard since some of my earlier high temp work...years and years ago. :)

Looking forward to a quality engine!

rmathews 07-21-2009 10:41 AM

I,ll be very happy when my Black engine arrives.When we were kids ,some time ago, we always said the black ones were faster!Rich

P-51B 07-22-2009 11:32 AM

ORIGINAL: rmathews

I,ll be very happy when my Black engine arrives.When we were kids ,some time ago, we always said the black ones were faster!Rich

He he, Ferraris are red not black silly! :)