RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/8862472-syssa-30cc-gas-made-usa.html)

Joystick TX 11-19-2011 10:34 AM

RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Interesting, they can't get the search feature to work, but they can strip out flying giants from the link I posted.

Wow, it won't even allow the two words to be used together in a sentance. What flying if giants I used them like this?

Joystick TX 11-19-2011 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: JohnB96041

Joystick: Thanks. That is the information I was looking for. Just wrong web site. Have to order a connector or make one myself, but that should work just great. Thanks again for your help. That is what these forums are for.
It is not quite the same as getting the output from the tach output on the ignition module, but getting it from the Hall sensor may be less work.

bob418 11-22-2011 03:05 PM

Just a comment!

LOVE my Syssa!!  Great engine lots of  pull on my 3DHS 71" Slick!

But what I really wanted to show you was how a very good builder came up with a GREAT way to operate the choke!  WAY COOL!!!!!!

Check out the video!!!   http://www.youtube.com/user/TrollHDT.../0/XgD6vS1eo94 

Bob!

MsgtRob 11-22-2011 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: bob418

Just a comment!

LOVE my Syssa!! Great engine lots of pull on my 3DHS 71'' Slick!

But what I really wanted to show you was how a very good builder came up with a GREAT way to operate the choke! WAY COOL!!!!!!

Check out the video!!! http://www.youtube.com/user/TrollHDT.../0/XgD6vS1eo94

Bob!
Well done!

I resolved the choke issue by using my old glow electric starter to start the engine. I haven't used the choke since. I cant use it on my DLE 55 but it turns anything 30cc and down no problem.

hyflyer9 11-23-2011 12:19 PM

I am wondering if any one has had any bad experiences with Syssa Aircraft in general .
The reason i ask is that I ordered an Engine from them on October 28th and it is now November 23rd and my engine has not arrived as of yet and even though i live in Canada it usually only takes about a week and a half for my orders to arrive from the USA.
Thank you.

w8ye 11-23-2011 03:32 PM

Normally NO - but it wouldn't hurt to call or email them to check on the status.

hyflyer9 11-23-2011 03:56 PM

I did send Todd an email and he replied last week telling me that it should be at my door by the end of the week so i guess the next step is to call him . I have no shipping info at all and no tracking number .
Thank You.

PacificNWSkyPilot 11-23-2011 04:10 PM

Don't worry,

Todd will get it to you. You'll love it.

Jim;)

hyflyer9 11-23-2011 04:24 PM

I sure hope so as it is a lot of money to loose if something has gone bad.

bob418 11-23-2011 05:30 PM

Love the Syssa Engine, worth the wait!!   Todd ROCKS!!!

PacificNWSkyPilot 11-24-2011 04:12 AM

Nobody has ever failed to get their Syssa - ever.

Sometimes there is a wait, but it's not a mass-produced item. He custom builds them in batches, there are not thousands of them sitting there all pre-fabbed. Sometimes he has to wait for a piece from a slow vendor. We always get our engines.

It's like having a Rembrandt delivered to you. Worth the wait.

Jim;)

hyflyer9 11-24-2011 05:00 AM

Thanks for the info folks and now that i know that they are all custom made engines i think it will be well worth the wait.

PacificNWSkyPilot 11-24-2011 09:06 AM

;)

bob_nj 11-28-2011 06:45 AM

What are most of you doing with the throttle arm on the Syssa?
Are you using the stock one, or making it longer somehow?

The manual says that anywhere from 50~80:1 is OK after break in.
What is the standard?

Thanks
Bob

Joystick TX 11-28-2011 07:23 AM

I'm using the stock throttle arm, never felt the need to change it.

As far as oil goes, I'm using Stihl Ultra HP at 50:1.

bob_nj 11-28-2011 07:27 AM

Thanks for the reply.
It just looks real short for 3D and all around linear response.

Take care
Bob

Joystick TX 11-28-2011 07:37 AM

You could be right about the 3-D response, I just do sport flying and don't have any problems. The response seems to be very linear compaired to my other gasser.

ahicks 11-28-2011 07:41 AM

Stock arm. I have a DLE 20 that requires I run 32:1, so that's what the whole fleet (including blowers, weed eaters, etc.) run. If it weren't for that engine I'd likely go 50:1

bob_nj 11-28-2011 07:55 AM

Thank you all

Mike Miller 11-28-2011 08:12 AM

I have made a custom metal arm which is attached with threaded fasteners over the stock arm. The lenght is the same as the long servo ars on my hitek servo. I think it's just my way of looking at it and not a necessary thing to do.

I am running Redline Racing oil in all my gas engines, mixed with regular unleaded gasonline at 40:1 ratio. This is the same fuel mix that I run in my lawn maintenance engines as well.

The MS-SR that I am completing has such a large cowling that I am going to have to extend the exhaust tubes to get them outside the cowl. I am considering using some teflon tubing for extensions. Does anyone here have any experience with this approach, or a better idea?

Thanks,

Mike

ahicks 11-28-2011 08:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Mike Miller

The MS-SR that I am completing has such a large cowling that I am going to have to extend the exhaust tubes to get them outside the cowl. I am considering using some teflon tubing for extensions. Does anyone here have any experience with this approach, or a better idea?

Thanks,

Mike
Same problem with the Giant Sportster I run mine in. I found some alum. tubing that was a snug pit over the stock pipes. Fastened the extensions in place using red Loctite to kinda glue the extensions in place, then securing with a single sheet metal screw. So far so good, have maybe 2 gallons through it?

Slow and Steady 11-28-2011 12:03 PM

Red Line at 40 to 1, as also recommended by DA. DA's web site lists a number of oils with varying ratios, within their online available manuals. I guess they should know. My understanding regarding ratio is that it is the oil manufacturer's recommendation that is important. Not all oils are the same and many synthetics have unique chemical make ups.

Joystick TX 11-28-2011 12:52 PM

ahicks, good idea,I need to run a small extension on my GSS exhaust stacks, they only extend about 1/4 inch below the cowl.

Zippi 11-28-2011 12:59 PM

I'd like to get some more info on this engine. Who sells them. Link please.

PacificNWSkyPilot 11-28-2011 01:09 PM

http://www.syssaaircraft.com/

There ya go.

;)

Jim