RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/8862472-syssa-30cc-gas-made-usa.html)

Zippi 06-06-2012 09:10 AM

RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

ORIGINAL: JeffinTD

Just got off the phone with them. The magnet being way advanced from TDC is normal, as the module retards from there.

He also suspects an ignition issue, and suggested to just send it in so they can take care of it. Turn around should only be a few days.

Cool.
JeffinTD,

Sounds like your being taken care of. Get that Rascal in the air man. Wish you could make our event coming up.

bipeflr 06-06-2012 09:33 AM

How long is the wait for shipping?

JeffinTD 06-06-2012 09:53 AM

Just got the engine in the mail. Cheapest way is with the medium size flat rate box, and the inner box the engine came in just fits inside.

It should be at Syssa's by Friday.

I'm really itching to fly that Rascal, but it has been really windy here anyway.

I did the rudder servo in the rear, but was surprised to have to add a bunch of lead to the nose to get it to balance.

I think I'll use the time to put the rudder servo up front on pull-pull, as long as I'm messing with it.

Joystick TX 06-06-2012 10:07 AM

I know what you mean about waiting for the winds. That has kept me from flying as much as usual.

The Rascal should be a great flyer. Moving the servo out of the tail and getting rid of the nose weight is a great idea.

A few years ago, who would have thought that having lighter engines and batteries would be a bad thing?

Slow and Steady 06-06-2012 06:42 PM

Joystick, I have visited Dallas several times in the last 4 years and was shocked by the windy conditions that seam to prevail. I thought you guys just learned to live with it. I can see why wind farms are big in your state. Have to say, I was profoundly impressed by the friendly nature of nearly everyone I met. Wish I could say the same about South Florida.

hyflyer9 06-06-2012 07:25 PM

Hello all
I had my Syssa 30cc at my local field a few days ago and was tuning it up and i should mention that this was only to second tank to be run threw the engine
and with an Xoar 18x8 prop i was getting about 6800 rpm at full throttle on the ground . Does this seem to be about rite for this engine ?
Thanks .

MTK 06-06-2012 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: hyflyer9

Hello all
I had my Syssa 30cc at my local field a few days ago and was tuning it up and i should mention that this was only to second tank to be run threw the engine
and with an Xoar 18x8 prop i was geting about 6800 rpm at full throttle on the ground . Does this seem to be about rite for this engine ?
Thanks .
That's quite low. You should be getting about 2K more rpm. You may be too rich (or too lean if the thing is sagging). Simple way to tell if you don't know what it sounds like, look at the spark plug element and porcelain. If black and sooty, rich; if nearly white, lean. When you get the mixture right, the plug will be tan brown

S and S, I lived in both Texas and Fla. Texan's manners win hands down. That's where I will retire in a few years God willing. Except Jersey sucks so bad, I may hasten arrival of retirement....

Joystick TX 06-07-2012 02:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Slow and Steady

Joystick, I have visited Dallas several times in the last 4 years and was shocked by the windy conditions that seam to prevail. I thought you guys just learned to live with it. I can see why wind farms are big in your state. Have to say, I was profoundly impressed by the friendly nature of nearly everyone I met. Wish I could say the same about South Florida.
I'm a transplanted Texan, like a lot of others. Love it here, wish I could have made it sooner. I like to fly early in the morning, the winds are usually calm then. Later in the summer, we would kill for some wind because of the heat. Some of our club members, called Hardy Boys, fly in all sorts of winds, they have awards for flying in 40+ winds.

Stop by the GSWAMfield next time you're here and join the peanut gallery. You can borrow a cowbell so you can make comments on the landings, crashes, etc.

Slow and Steady 06-07-2012 09:43 AM

Thanks for the invitation Joystick. Are you far from Richardson?

bob418 06-07-2012 01:46 PM

All

Does anyone have the Walbro rebuild kit part number for the Syssa carb??

opjose 06-07-2012 01:50 PM

Click > [link=http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walbro-WT-813-WT-257-WA-167-Rebuild-Kit-K10-WAT-/200414741324]Walbro WT-813/ WT-257 / WA-167 Rebuild Kit K10-WAT[/link]

Joystick TX 06-07-2012 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Slow and Steady

Thanks for the invitation Joystick. Are you far from Richardson?
It's about 38 miles, takes about an hour depending on traffic and construction. The field is on the East side of Fort Worth. Give me a call if you want to make the trip.

bob418 06-07-2012 05:50 PM

thanks for the info!!

bipeflr 06-08-2012 12:52 PM

Sorry I didn't make my question clear the first time. I wanted an idea of how long it takes for SYSSA to ship after they take your order. Thanks for the rapid response anyway, wish they would do the same(SYSSA). If anyone has got a engine lately how long did it take? Thanks Jim

hyflyer9 06-08-2012 01:12 PM

Does any one know what i should be getting for rpm's at full throttle i am using an Xoar 18x8 prop and all is tuned good not lean or rich and also the timing is write on the mark and I am only getting 7190 RPM's and please keep in mind that the Enine has only had about 2 tanks of gas threw it so far . Will the rpm's increese the more the engine brakes in
Thank You.

JeffinTD 06-08-2012 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: bipeflr

Sorry I didn't make my question clear the first time. I wanted an idea of how long it takes for SYSSA to ship after they take your order. Thanks for the rapid response anyway, wish they would do the same(SYSSA). If anyone has got a engine lately how long did it take? Thanks Jim
Sorry, I mis-understood. Mine shipped pretty quickly, as I recall.

Joystick TX 06-08-2012 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: hyflyer9

Does any one know what i should be getting for rpm's at full throttle i am using an Xoar 18x8 prop and all is tuned good not lean or rich and also the timing is write on the mark and I am only getting 7190 RPM's and please keep in mind that the Enine has only had about 2 tanks of gas threw it so far . Will the rpm's increese the more the engine brakes in
Thank You.
You will pick up a few hundred rpm after the break in period. I never ran mine with an 18"x8", so I don't know what that should be. I was getting around 8,600 with the Vess 18"x6" with the tone inserts installed.

gblas777 06-08-2012 02:44 PM

proof that these engines will pull....twin engines on this golden knights otter project...36lbs flying weight 11 foot wingspan and 9 foot fuse. and takeoff was at 3/4 throttle.
saving up for a pair for my ziroli B-25..i am sold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45X1r...ature=youtu.be

JeffinTD 06-08-2012 04:30 PM

Awesome plane. I presume it will be dropping rc skydivers?

gblas777 06-08-2012 04:38 PM

plans are for skydivers and maybe also put this thing on floats...provisions(hard mounting points) are already built in for the floats

Joystick TX 06-08-2012 04:50 PM

I have over 100 gallons of fuel run through my engine now. After trying the Zinger 18x6, Xoar 18x6, Vess 18x6 and Vess 18.5x5.5 props, I like the 18.5x5.5 prop best for my 14 lbs Giant Super Sportster.Right now I'm getting 8,400 rpm at 620' altitude.

gblas777 06-08-2012 05:00 PM

hey joystick
you are one of many that has proven how good these engines are....cool...
otter should be at the north dallas warbird flyin next week. hope the weather is good

Joystick TX 06-09-2012 03:40 AM

Wish I had a warbird, a lot of GSWAM members have them and they have several WB flyins every year. I'm working on a Faux Cat, it looks sort of like a warbird. The Syssa work great in the narrow fuselage.

bigwes1962 06-09-2012 03:15 PM

i am running out of patience with syssa,it has been too long for them to ship my(in stock) engine. hope this thing runs well or ill be very pissed.no tracking with the order and they said on wed it was shipping and that i would get tracking on it

gblas777 06-09-2012 03:40 PM

hey joystick....the SYSSAs work very well in narrow cowls. only holes for the exhaust were the aft lower cowling. everything else is all inside...very nice setup