RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/8862472-syssa-30cc-gas-made-usa.html)

Slow and Steady 06-13-2012 08:06 PM

RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Rockin Daddy, I just bought a pair of New Balance sneakers that are made in America and sold at Sears. Sears also carried the equivilent sneaker (same style name and design) made in Thailand or China. You couldn't tell them apart except for the USA label. It was $20 less than the US shoe. You would think the "cheap" labor used in China would result in a bigger savings. Makes me wonder were the money is going. Especially with half of the $20 difference going to the retailer.

bipeflr 06-14-2012 04:25 AM

I bought engine from Syssa 5/29 paid by paypal 5/30. Emailed and called him at least 4 times each since then and heard nothing. Asked a question on another add on RC universe he answered promptly saying shipping would take 5 to 6 days. That was about 10 days ago. I dont know if they lost my order never prossed it or what. I only know he got my money over 2 weeks ago and wont respond

bipeflr 06-14-2012 04:52 AM

Sorry about spelling but at 71 and a one finger typer RCuniverse timed me out and I had to start over and I left about half of what I had to say out..... Come on TODD at 71 this may be my last flying season. At least reply to me ....Jim

JeffinTD 06-14-2012 04:53 AM

I'd try a phone call, around 9:00 am their time.

JohnB96041 06-14-2012 04:57 AM

ORIGINAL: bipeflr

Sorry about spelling but at 71 and a one finger typer RCuniverse timed me out and I had to start over and I left about half of what I had to say out..... Come on TODD at 71 this may be my last flying season. At least reply to me ....Jim
Come on bipeflr: At 71 we are just getting started at having fun flying. I am sure I will have many more flying seasons. Turned 71 May 25, 2012.

bigwes1962 06-14-2012 05:30 AM

i got a fake tracking number on monday and they dont answer the phone,cant leave message because mailbox is full. sorry people to deal with. going to put in a claim with paypal soon

hobby_man 06-14-2012 05:36 AM

ORIGINAL: rockin daddy

<span style=''font-family: Times New Roman''><span style=''font-size: larger''><span style=''font-size: medium''>Have to admit that I have a pile of Japan motors: Zenoah & Saito. Both are great runners. Still have a bunch of US and Canadian Quadras. Don't have very many China motors. Its nice to see a good high quality US made 30 cc size gas motor. I will probably order one.

I do not own any Jap motorcycles!! Have 6 Harleys, a Polaris Victory, and a Texas American Iron Horse. All made in the USA. Still enjoy the ''potato-potato'' sound of a Harley. Rice grinders just don't sound the same. I try to buy US made stuff. But if you go the ''China Mart'' (Walley Mart) most everything is made in China. Try to find a pair of shoes made in the USA!! My hunting boots are Danners-made in the USA. They were pricey but an excellent pair of boots that have served this ole' upland shooter very well. The cheap, cheap China boots fall apart. One is lucky to get two seasons out of them.

Miss the ole' Fox glow motors. Took awhile to figure how to tune em' just right. Have several that I run on my smaller planes. Again, before all the rice motors hit out shores, they were the motor.

Hats off to the guys building the Syssa motors. Keep up the good work!!

Rockin' Daddy</span></span></span>

NuBalance, shoes, made in America by Americans

bipeflr 06-14-2012 06:13 AM

Just called at 10:00 A.M. east coast message said mail box full........Jim

bipeflr 06-14-2012 06:17 AM

JohnB hope youre right but any time lost waiting is lost forever.......Jim

bipeflr 06-14-2012 06:27 AM

Guess What? Syssa no longer has an add on RCU gas engines! Now I am starting to worry. I will take action soon if I'm not reassured very soon. Jim

w8ye 06-14-2012 06:30 AM

Todd was logged on here yesterday

Model 10 06-14-2012 06:40 AM

I am still building My Z-37 aircraft for my eng ....so i have never run it yet.........looks like they are going out ........i am 72 and still scratch building and flying Model 10

bipeflr 06-14-2012 06:46 AM

I see you have your engine... Is that the secret wait till I'm 72? I'm building a BUSA 1/4 Fokker D7 its close to scratch building...Jim

Model 10 06-14-2012 07:15 AM

No i build two aircraft a year one i cut the other i have laser cut i now have my 1/4 scale swift being cut... i got the syssa eng just the Z-37 aircraft....model 10

hobby_man 06-14-2012 07:30 AM

ORIGINAL: bipeflr

I bought engine from Syssa 5/29 paid by paypal 5/30. Emailed and called him at least 4 times each since then and heard nothing. Asked a question on another add on RC universe he answered promptly saying shipping would take 5 to 6 days. That was about 10 days ago. I dont know if they lost my order never prossed it or what. I only know he got my money over 2 weeks ago and wont respond

did you buy 1 of the 3 engines syssa had for sale here on RCU over the Memorial weekend? If not I wonder who did and did they get them?

hobby_man 06-14-2012 07:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Joystick TX

ORIGINAL: hobby_man

are we reading the same thread?
If you look at the percentage of complaints vs the number of engines out there the Syssa is pretty low, maybe 1 or 2 %, which is fantastic for a new engine design.

When the DLE 30 (V1) came out, about 80% of the owners complained about the engine quiting in flight. When DLE changed their carb location the complaints went way down, which proved there was a problem with the engine design.

My point is that if the engine design or the company is truly bad, there will be a lot of complaints, not just a small percentage.

I may have more sympathy for companies, than most other people, since my son, my daughter, and I all own companies that we created. Customer service is always a big issue and is taken very seriously. When you receive over 200 emails and over 100 phone messages a day, things get lost in the shuffle. Virus attacks, spam, junk mail and answering machine issues all take their toll. Sometimes, I have played an answering machine message over again at least 30 times trying to figure out what the last four digits are of a phone number that I know the customer thought they left in a nice clear voice. Most people only leave the number once and they say the area code v e r y s l o w l y then speed up to warp 10X speed on the <span style=''font-size: smaller''>last four digits</span>. I have found messages from people, that I deal with weekly, in my spam folder with no apparent reason for them to be rejected as spam. I get over 500 email spams a day, so I don't give it a good look; there are just not enough hours in a day. It may be old fashioned, but snail mail beats all of the new stuff for reliability.

Agreed, although the 1-2% of complaints can cost you 100% of future sales. A company can have the best engine on the market, if they cant support it they go away or get purchased by a company that can support the product.

Syssa, seldom answer's the phone/email, they have a poor shipping record. I'm tired of defending this product to the DLE and 3W owners at the field. They are flying while I can not get my engine to run and I cant get the parts I need to get it to run.
I purchased it used. Now I know why the last guy sold it.

I was going to buy another Syssa over the memorial weekend sale, I did not because I had no idea when I would get it. I purchased a new cowl for my plane and purchased another engine brand for my plane.

Joystick TX 06-14-2012 07:42 AM

ORIGINAL: bigwes1962

i got a fake tracking number on monday and they dont answer the phone,cant leave message because mailbox is full. sorry people to deal with. going to put in a claim with paypal soon

It does not seem logical that Syssa would send you a fake traking number. There would be no point. If you PM me with the number, I can check it out and get back to you. Don't try to type it, just do a cut and paste from the document he sent you.

bipeflr 06-14-2012 07:53 AM

Yes it was the holiday sale, the following week he still had one for sale and I questioned him(rcu site) how long it would take him to ship. He got back righ away and said 5 or 6 days. Guess he answers when he thinks it might be another sale......Jim

Model 10 06-14-2012 07:54 AM

No i did not ....I have had the eng for some time now ....i've been in the hobby for over 50 years i always buy stuff long before i need it

bigwes1962 06-14-2012 11:52 AM

i bought one and still have not gotten it. although i did get a phoney tracking number from todd on monday. been a week since i could get through to them.will start a paypal request tomorrow. this is the worst company i have ever delt with

opjose 06-14-2012 12:04 PM

It is likely that the number given was generated before the package was/is checked into the system.

You may want to try it again.

If the carrier's web site rejects the number outright, try posting it... it may have gone to another carrier instead.

Model 10 06-14-2012 12:15 PM

Hello Come on Give todd a chance ...He is Busy with other people who wont to modify his eng with new carbs and what ever ..
a week is nothing ....i ordered a new muffler from him i have not got it either and he has my money byt i will get it as soon as all of the modifying of his eng is over...

captinjohn 06-14-2012 12:53 PM

I met Tod at the Toledo Expo.....give him some time....we want everything instant....but this is not a instant society. Capt,n

Joystick TX 06-14-2012 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: opjose

It is likely that the number given was generated before the package was/is checked into the system.

You may want to try it again.

If the carrier's web site rejects the number outright, try posting it... it may have gone to another carrier instead.

The number is usually generated after the package is ready to ship at the seller's facility. Ihate it when FedEx fails to scan in the item. Sometimes it gets picked up during a scan at an intermediate stop. The worst is when they have their stun gun set to "Delivered" when they pick up the item. You can't believe how many irate calls you get when an entire day's shipment, usually severalhundred items,gets marked that way and how long it takes to get it straightened out. Every one should own a business so they have an idea of what goes on.

I don't know what happened in your case, but I do know that Syssa is a good company, they make a great product, and Todd is not a crook. He may be a bit optimistic sometimes, but stuff happens.

PropsnWings 06-14-2012 09:39 PM

If you read other forums, you might see Syssa has issues with follow through.  I hope they have been able to correct that, but I know of 2 guys that never saw their orders or refunds.  It is enough to turn me away, regardless of how well its made or where its made.