Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Excellent service @ Cactus Aviation!

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Excellent service @ Cactus Aviation!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 03:09 PM
FormerCA.
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excellent service @ Cactus Aviation!

I called over to Cactus Aviation to order a throttle arm for my 3W157. Jeff called me right back and said he could help me out, but said they didn't cost that much and that he would send me one for FREE.
I didn't believe it but 3 days later 2 arms and some exhaust gaskets for my engine showed up at my house-FREE! I have bought a couple of engines from Cactus in the past and have been satisfied with the service I recieved-but NEVER been treated this good. Lots of people are quick to complain about things when they are not exactly perfect, but i'm even quicker to praise great service. I won't buy a gas engine anywhere else.

Way to go Jeff!! Thanks for the EXCELLENT service!!

Ron Lindsey
Old 05-08-2011, 11:49 AM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Excellent service @ Cactus Aviation!

He did a great job of servicing and returning my 106 in short order.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:08 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

He fixed up my 3W50 after spending a couple of hours on it and got it running.....good service, fair price.

Now I think I 'fried' the engine and have to send it back .....overheated it I guess; can not believe there wasn't enough air passing thru the cowl!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30682.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1605827  
Old 05-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Patto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe they are turning things around over there, then. I am still out over $200 because of Bobby at Cactus Aviation. I won't go into all the dirty details again, but he is a thief and lacks integrity. I won't buy anything else from 3W again. Gerhard over at Aircraft International is a little gruff on the phone, but he does great work on the engines. However, it's expensive.

No offense intended to others at Cactus who may be decent people, but Bobby is NOT a good guy.

**EDIT - I went back and found the thread, and it was more like $180 that I lost: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_82...tm.htm#8255033
Old 05-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Patto

Maybe they are turning things around over there, then. I am still out over $200 because of Bobby at Cactus Aviation. I won't go into all the dirty details again, but he is a thief and lacks integrity. I won't buy anything else from 3W again. Gerhard over at Aircraft International is a little gruff on the phone, but he does great work on the engines. However, it's expensive.

No offense intended to others at Cactus who may be decent people, but Bobby is NOT a good guy.

**EDIT - I went back and found the thread, and it was more like $180 that I lost: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_82...tm.htm#8255033
Read the other thread and while the restocking fee is slightly higher than standard 15%, he had every right to charge it as no RMA was issued. It is pretty clear on the returns policy on the Cactus web site....

EXCHANGES & RETURNS

Exchanges and returns must have a return authorization prior to return. Contact Cactus Aviation Models LLC at 520-721-0087 to receive a return authorization. Returns may be made within 30 days in new condition, original carton, unfilled warranty cards, and all paperwork including a copy of the invoice. Failure to comply with these specifications will result in denial of refund, additional charges or 20% restock fee. No returns shall accepted after 60 calendar days. Special orders are not returnable. NO COD returns/exchanges accepted. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. Please allow 10 business days for processing of exchanges or returns.

Sometimes Bobby isn't easy to get hold of but sending the engine back without an RMA is probably why the CC company went no further. $180.00 isn't chicken feed and understand your position, however a friend and I have had excellent parts and service dealings with Bobby and will continue to do so.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Patto

I would have happily included an RMA number, but Bobby wouldn't take my calls, respond to voicemails, or respond to emails. When I initially did get him on the phone, he told me to send it to him, and then told me later he would refund the money.

I never ordered the engine he sent me in the first place. It's all covered in the other thread. I don't want to hijack this one. I'm glad the original poster had such good luck with Cactus, and I hope they are turning over a new leaf. I'm soured for life, unfortunately. The good Lord says I must forgive, but he doesn't say I have to forget.

-Pat
Old 05-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

I understand that Catctus is under new ownership, Bobby is out.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:21 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

ORIGINAL: tailskid

He fixed up my 3W50 after spending a couple of hours on it and got it running.....good service, fair price.

Now I think I 'fried' the engine and have to send it back .....overheated it I guess; can not believe there wasn't enough air passing thru the cowl!
I don't see a cylinder jug sticking out of the cowl, was the engine baffled?
Old 05-09-2011, 06:37 AM
Patto

ORIGINAL: Tony Hallo

I understand that Catctus is under new ownership, Bobby is out.
If that is true, that is GREAT news for all 3W owners and future potential owners!