Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

H-9 330S Wing Tube

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 08:04 PM
otterdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H-9 330S Wing Tube

Hi Guys I was doing a demo flight for the local news paper to promote and up coming IMAC contest doing a little freestyle and sequence fling When I got done a buddy noticed my wing had some movement after close inspection (and after the cameraman left )I found my wing tube socket was broke lose on both sides it looked like a little CA was all that was holding them they moved up and down about 1/8" both sides.A simple fix I fixed it with some epoxy.But it could be bad if not checked. You might give it a look see. Mark,
Old 04-23-2004, 09:37 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: H-9 330S Wing Tube

also saw this on early 330's
However -- the anti rotation pins carry much of the load and actually - one could remove the center socket and the plane would still fly
This is providing that the anti rotation pins are solidly positioned.
Honest---
Old 04-24-2004, 10:22 AM
storklappe

Thanks for the warning, I will check mine out. Your graphics look great, where did you get them? Also, what engine are you using? I noticed that the front of your cowl didn't have cut-outs like I think I am going to have to make for my mufflers (I am going to use a DA-100).
Old 04-24-2004, 11:08 AM
otterdriver

Hi My graphics were done by a local sign shop he has a book with over 6000 company's logo's with the corresponding disc's for the cutting machines computer. I just went through and found one that I liked picked out the color and size. I am using a ZDZ 80 with a K&S can. I also put in a plywood reinforcement plate behind the wing bolt it had to much flex and also let the wing move when fuse side would flex. Mark,
Old 04-24-2004, 06:21 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a twin to it --tho I used the JMB 70x300 can,on a 6" header.
very smooth and quiet - apparantly , ZDZ did a running change on the crankshaft - making this engine even smoother. even observers are surprised to see that it is an 80. It sounds smooth and quiet like a 100.
I really like my 100 but this engine for price,power etc., really is one of THE bargains out there.
The hardest part of hovering this one - is not climbing out with little throttle blips .
23 lbs exactly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14334.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	125897  
Old 04-24-2004, 06:34 PM
ROGER RUSSELL
My Feedback: (12)

This happened to me also.
Mixed up some 30 min and rotated the tube back in place and have not had a problem since.

Roger