Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

BME Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Ronbo
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BME Ultimate

has anyone flown or seen the new BME Ultimate? i cannot find anything (yet) on it other than whats on thier web page. been looking at it and the aeroworks 33% ultimate for future projects.

a friend of mine also has it, i just found out. BME 110 with 8611's. maiden will be this saturday hopefully. so, i hope to see/try it out for myself.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:24 AM
Goldie

Default RE: BME Ultimate

Hi Ron... I've been checking out both planes myself.... I've decided to pick up the Aeroworks plane today...ONLY because they are local here and I can drive there in 10 minutes.... I tried to pick one up last Friday but they were closed ( I will let you know about the plane in the coming weeks
Old 09-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Ronbo
My Feedback: (12)

if its the 33% yes, please do tell! mike hurley is going to do an article on it for ama mag i think... but he wouldnt let any details out other than its nice....

the price they have right now is very sweet!
Old 09-08-2004, 07:02 AM
Goldie

Hi Ron.... I picked up my 33% yesterday... It would be nice if Hurley does a detailed report on the plane (it would save me from alot of typing along the way lol) I know Mike as he comes out to our field occasionaly and i've found him to be an extremely nice guy and 100% straight forward type.... meanwhile I will attempt to go over each step as I go thru it and as time allows. First of all my experience at Areoworks was nothing less then enjoyable. Rocco was the only one there when I was there and even tho his phone did not stop ringing with orders (which I was as surprised as heck about) he was a complete gentleman and spent a good hour with me... Do not expect to work Rocco for any kind of a deal, as very early in our talking I realized how proud he his of this plane... I tried to get him to match BME's price of 850 which INCLUEDED the hardware pack, but he wasnt having any of it lol.... I was cracked to find out that he allready sold out of all 275 red ones so I had to settle for the purple one and now im glad I did as I found out to be even more to my liking... To begin with i've allready opened all 3 boxes and have inspected every piece as well as "dry fitted" everything but the wings.... So far i'm completely surprised about everything... Excellent covering and fit and I'll have to say that I am MORE then a little plesantly surprised... This is indeed one striking plane... The only thing i've found so far is the cowl's purple paint is at least 8 shades darker purple then the purple on the plane ( but all and all i'm more then a little pleased with everything.... I will try and update this as I go along but if the rest of this is as smooth, Aeroworks just might have a major winner on there hands... Take care...Goldie