Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Big problem! Interference Galore

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Big problem! Interference Galore

Old 10-13-2004, 06:08 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Big problem! Interference Galore

OK, so you've got it down to it works without the extensions and not with them.

First, are you sure of this? I ask because by going direct you may have disconnected a pushrod or changed something else besides just eliminating the extension. But if you are certain that the extension is the only variable, then there are a couple possibilities. But I have done what you are doing a dozen different ways without any trouble, so I doubt it's the extensions alone.

One possibility is noise induced by the extension, which is a real longshot. I've really abused the extension thing and never had a problem. Are they good extensions with gold connectors? This is a major source of trouble. Also look at your batteries, are they providing full voltage?

Can you maybe borrow a different receiver? If you are using JR, see about testing it with a Hitec receiver instead. I'll bet the problem goes away.

TF
Old 10-31-2004, 10:49 AM
Michael Basson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi all

Thanks for all the advise. i sorted the problem somehow i think it was the elevator servo's extension wire that had the problem.

i fixed it and flew my plane today. Tom what a great plane. the edge flew like a dream with no trimming needed at all. i had the guts to maiden it myself. was shaking at first i could not feel my fingers but at the second flight i had the guts to do some moves.

once again thank you all

i am off to go fly again, hey you cant get to much of a good thing.

Best regards and safe flying

Michael
South Africa
Old 10-31-2004, 11:07 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations, I'm glad you found the radio problem.

Sometimes the cost of larger planes is a good thing. It forces us to be much more careful about the setup. If this had been a .40 size plane you might have not been so careful about the range test.

TF
Old 11-01-2004, 11:19 AM
vypr
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Despite that the problem has already been solved this is a great thread to mention potential problems so here is one i would alwys look for.

H9 cap 33% had radio problems. Would not range check at all tried everything and could not get it to work. In starting to unhook things it suddenly started to work perfectly. urned out to be a defective elevator servo throwing noise into the system. Oddest thing ever but the plane worked fine after replacing that servo.

-Ian
Old 11-01-2004, 01:29 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Since I started using 6v battery packs without a voltage regulator I have experienced glitching servo problems. What I found out was that not all servos tolorate this higher voltage. An example of this was using two JR 507 low profile servos for split elevators. They glitched under a 6V power supply but not with 4.8V. I switched these servos with JR 2721s and had no further problems.