Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Stay tuned, Extreme Aircraft Extra 300 on the way

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Stay tuned, Extreme Aircraft Extra 300 on the way

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 03:16 PM
td300509

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stay tuned, Extreme Aircraft Extra 300 on the way

I am about to build an extreme flight 300 45inch plane (electric), can you suggest what servo's to use and any build tips I should know about. Cheers
Old 12-08-2007, 10:32 PM
iflyf4u1a
My Feedback: (1)

This thread is about a 103" winspan 34% Extra not the plane you are referencing.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:33 PM
jeroli27
My Feedback: (9)

I'm in the final stage of repairing mine after a mishap, and was wondering if any one has tried using just one servo per aileron. I'm upgrading my servos while I have it apart, and would like to use just one 5955 per wing if i can get away with it.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Gizzmo7789

i have two 5955's per wing, i think one could do the job, but it wont be good for 3d at all
Old 02-03-2008, 05:13 PM
rceagle
My Feedback: (5)

I have a Planes Plus Extra 300 that is new in the box. I want to build it but I am concerned about the wings now. I don't fly hard at all reall with snap rolls being the only hard maneuvers I do. I can get to all of the wing ribs from the root end of the wing panels to the leading edge. I think if i flow thin ca around all the ribs and the leading edge the wings will be fine. Also I plan to apply a 1/2 to 1 inch wide strip of clear ultracote over the leading edge of the wings and the stabs. I also plan to cut yellow ultra cote hollow stars to go around the stars on the bottom of the wings and stabs. Will Ultracote stick to the china cote?? I hope so or should I use trim solvent to apply the ultracote as a seal strip for the trim? I have also had a suggestion to use vinyl trim tape from automotive but Ultracote would be lighter. I also plan to laterally balance my plane as i do that to all of my planes now to prevent them from falling off of one wing in a stall. I look forward to any input from you guys on this. Or I am going to rebox it and Buy the Pacific Planes 35% extra 260 instead.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:23 AM
budgetdude
My Feedback: (6)

Those fixes sound like they will be fine. I dont think the wings are as bad as first feared. Hub flies unlimited on his and does plenty of snaps and freestyle. What killed mine was alot of stupid highspeed walls. I have another set of builtup wings and plan to use them. I would crank up the heat and weld that covering down. It is a very nice flying plane!!
Old 02-05-2008, 04:01 PM
dork_blaster
My Feedback: (14)

rceagle - Don't know about Ultracote - but Monokote didn't stay stuck, even after a light application of covering solvent. I ended up using clear packaging tape where Monokote meets Chinakote (mostly on the leading edges). I'll probably wind up recovering the whole thing soon anyway.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Hubb
My Feedback: (1)

well, I hate to revisit this thread like this, but since ive been here from the begining I figured I may as well end it here as well. attahced are the pictures from my wing faliure. I did a 1 3/4 snap to Knife edge and the plane started to tuck to the wheels, something didnt feel right so I was rolling back to upright and pulling to come back to the field and POW the right wing departed from the plane. I was low and fast and carrying alot of momentum. no chance for one of them mirical one wing saves the way the plane sifted through the trees I feel saved all my gear. aside from the tweeked muffler and obvious broken prop the engine seems fine. all the servos work and the Rx is fine and batts and swtiches. all things considered I feel lucky. I am sad to loose a plane but not too upset. this is 3 years on this airframe and has served me well as a back-up IMAC / practice plane / everyday flyer. it has flown in many contests in the Unlimited class and aside from not presenting as well and the bigger planes has alway held its own. so, onto biger and better things

Hubb
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99965.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	978794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75812.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	978795   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk16088.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	978796   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lf94682.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	978797   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa34753.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	978798  
Old 06-26-2008, 09:15 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bummer....never an easy thing to deal with. Glad your gear is good.