Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Hanger-9 PT-19 problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 08:07 PM
vmeek
My Feedback: (38)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hanger-9 PT-19 problems

I am having a problem with a Hanger-9 PT-19.
I have had to reglue the landing gear blocks back into the wing as with 2 flights both have come loose and caused crashes on landing.
The vertical block is of a softer wood and the grain runs vertical which splits causing the wheel to fold back going into the wing.
Also in repairing both sides I have found that a yellow type wood glue was used and in at least 90% of the glue area there was no glue in contact with the wood.
Being a model builder of 44 years I find this appalling!
Has anyone had this kind of problem with this plane or would this be a isolate case, you know built on a Friday inspected on Monday?
Or am I being too critical? With the cost of ARF airplanes and equipment I think we should expect something a little better for the money.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:55 PM
mangolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hanger-9 PT-19 problems

We have the same problem with our two PT-19 by the same manufacturer.Landing gear colapsing on normal landings.

Waldo
Old 09-16-2005, 07:15 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched a firewall separate from a H9 PT-19 in flight several years back. The plane belonged to the local hobby shop owner. Up until the P-40 I didnt consider H9 very consistant quality. Enough people didnt have problems with them to keep them afloat I guess. I wouldnt normally buy a H9 arf but I won the P-40 at a contest. After looking it over thoroughly it looks like they are dealing with the retract mount and firewall issues they had in the past. Havent had any trouble with it.
Edwin
Old 09-17-2005, 05:54 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the same issues with the Pt 19 landing gear. I saw very little glue on the mounting blocks. After repairing, and beefing up the area, they held up fine.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This problem cropped up on the reviewer for RC Modeler when he was doing the flight tests on it way back when. I modified/strengthened mine before I maidened it. No problems ever over the three or four years I've had it. While you have the gear out bend them forward until the wheels sit half and half with the leading edge of the wing. It will make take offs a whole lot easier and you'll have fewer nose overs.