Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Gruman Ag-Cat

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 08:25 PM
outacontrol41
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gruman Ag-Cat

Looking forward to pictures when you can get them on. Still want one. patiently waiting.[sm=sleeping.gif][sm=redface.gif][sm=sleeping.gif][sm=redface.gif]
Old 10-07-2008, 12:33 PM
rychaross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe,

Thank you for coming by yesterday afternoon. I really enjoyed the visit. Next to me and another close friend you're the only one who has seen the DH Agcat in person. Thanks for drinking a coke with me and sharing your stories of the ole cropdusting days. It is going to be a really cool deal in the future to see these DH-Agcats at flyins around the country. Just as I said yesterday afternoon I believe these planes will be turning a lot of heads at up coming flyins in the years to come. Wouldn't it be great if two of them would be in the air at the same time......It will come, Patients is a virtue. Now that the reimnants of Hurricane Ike are slowy departing things can get back to a somewhat normal atmosphere. Boys I got to tell you and I think Joe can attest.....It's a mess down here. I'm sure you've all seen the pictures of the aftermath. Take care and I'll be in touch. Great to finally meet you and spend some time with you Joe. Have a safe trip back to St. Luis.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:28 PM
rychaross

mac49

How is your HUGE scratch build Agcat coming. I'm the guy putting together the prototype Agcat with Duane Habits. I think you do excellant work. I'm always interested in other projects as well. We all hope to hear from you soon. Please post some pictures if you've progressed in the project.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:29 PM
outacontrol41

ORIGINAL: rychaross

I'm the guy putting together the prototype Agcat with Duane Habits.
Speaking of which....how's that project coming along? It's been a while. Any recent pics to share with us? Still want one.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:20 AM
anothercrashpilot

.....................[sm=49_49.gif].............HEY, OUTACONTROL ! ! !
You know , If there is one plane I would Truly like to see you build , I will be an Ag-Cat ! ! ! ! ! !................. I can only believe it would be the Prize of your FLEET ! ! ![sm=thumbs_up.gif]
I don't know If I'm coming down with something psychological or just BURNT OUT ! as I'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of things ! ! ! ! ! ![&o]
ANYHOW , I Did go peek into the shed to see if my project was still there , and just stood there admiring the Awsome possibilities /Uniqeness This Plane has ! ! ! Especially being ENLARGED.! ! And being a Bi-Plane makes it stand out even More ! !
I still haven't decided on Tiling the back bathroom and bedroom first or getting back to my plane ........................................ I know which one I'd LIKE to do .................................................. .................................................
P.S. ................... I'm Glad Someone keeps Faning the coals on this thread .
Old 10-27-2008, 08:05 AM
rychaross

Yep........I just got somewhat finished with the support bracing on the tail feathers and I've also installed some of the windows and hatches on the canopy. I'm at work right now. I'll take some shots tonight and post them in another note.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:17 PM
mac49
My Feedback: (5)

Good evening, Thanks for the interest. Unfortunately I haven't made much progress recently. Uncle Sam keeps me pretty busy, even though I'm a civilian now. Hopefully this Xmas I can get some down time to continue working on it. I'll post pix as I make progress. Mac49
Old 11-06-2008, 01:57 PM
AGR413
My Feedback: (1)

I am a huge fan of the Ag-Cat. I spent years working very closely with an aerial applicator that had two of these aircraft initially one turbine and one radial and then two turbine versions.

If anyone is interested I have lots of photos send me a pm and I'll start digging for them and post them if it would be helpful.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:22 AM
anothercrashpilot

Actually, since this thread is Just About in SLEEP Mode , I think ANY pics your willing to put up will be a welcome addition ! ! .............. NEED MORE MOTIVATION ! ! ! ! ! ! ................. THANKssssssssssssssssssssss [sm=confused_smile.gif]
Old 11-07-2008, 07:06 AM
D.R.BOWERS

Hello Mac49. Having worked for Uncle Sam in the past I know how busy he can keep you. I to am doing a build thread and know how it is when you can’t build due to time and money constraints. Just do what you can when you can and, we will be waiting to see your success.

I like the plane and, I am thinking about building a 1/3 scale Ag-Cat myself.

Thank you for your service to our country and, good flying.
D. R. Bowers
Old 12-17-2008, 09:22 PM
outacontrol41

ORIGINAL: anothercrashpilot

.....................[sm=49_49.gif].............HEY, OUTACONTROL ! ! !
You know , If there is one plane I would Truly like to see you build , I will be an Ag-Cat ! ! ! ! ! !................. I can only believe it would be the Prize of your FLEET ! ! ![sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Well acp....it looks like this thread is hibernating again. No word on the Duane Habets fiberglass Agcat ARf supposedly due this or next month. Maybe something is getting done on that front....I dunno.
I wonder if anyone else is messing around with this kit currently?
Old 12-18-2008, 04:12 AM
anothercrashpilot

......................................! ! ! ! ! BUMMER ! ! ! ! !..................Right Now I can't even get in my GARAGE/SHED ! ! ! !! [:@] ....................................... I have Christmas stuff blocking it NOW ! ! ! !
If I only had a Big Enough Place to Work on it ( Ag -Cat) , I think I might get SOMETHING Done ! ! ! ! ! ........................ I Always Hope to see THIS thread come up on my email. . It gives ME something to look forward to .
The TIME CHANGE Really knocked me for a loop ! .......... It's usually getting Dark when I get home And I have no more Enthusiasm to go outside ............ AND I'm SURE you can Guess I don't have that WING KIT for the size I've started ! [&:] ! [:@] ! [sm=devious.gif] ! [sm=48_48.gif] ! .............. I'm Trying to be POLITE on My Subject ! .................... And YES I know I could have CUT a Dozen Kits MYSELF ! by now ! ............ And that's What I Expect to do as soon as I can get back into the swing of things ! ........................... " I HAVE NOT GIVEN UP ON THIS PROJECT " ! ! ! ![sm=bananahead.gif] So Bear with me And I hope things are going BETTER for the OTHER guys working on this Plane !
Old 12-18-2008, 08:14 AM
outacontrol41

The "OTHER guys working on this Plane" obviously don't know about this thread. If they do...they're keeping this project to themselves.
As for me....I've got an RC Guys Super Decathlon and Austars Cessna Ag Husky to put together first, then it will be on to the Ag Cat project which will be posted right here. Wheather it's a scratch build from plans or Duane Habet's kit....I'll post a build thread eithedr way. Acp...there's a ray of sunshine for your cloudy day! After Christmas, clean that work shed! Things have to get done around there! [>:]
Old 12-21-2008, 05:53 PM
51-D GUY
My Feedback: (4)

I've given up on the D.H. Ag Cat ARF,

in my opinon, the " Prototype " should have been flying a long time ago, & Kits should have been on the market,

they just took too long, & as a result , it would'nt suprise me if doing so, has a direct impact on the prospective sales .
Old 12-22-2008, 01:32 AM
outacontrol41

delete
Old 12-22-2008, 07:53 AM
D.R.BOWERS

I hope I don’t offend anyone and, it is not my intent but, I do sympathize with the people doing the builds. I am doing a build thread and I have been working on that build for a year. I know that’s a long time but, sometimes things like family, money and, yes even boredom with the project kicks in. A build thread is an extracurricular activity to a build, posting and, answering questions about the build for people. Then there is the mid project boredom, sometimes you just need to step away from the project for a little while and work on another project just to clear your mind. Then you get back to work. I am not complaining and I am not speaking for any other builder but, I do build threads to inspire others to build there own dreams and to help others. I am thankful to anyone that takes the time to do a build thread, they have inspired me.

Mary Christmas to all.
Dale
Old 12-22-2008, 09:31 AM
outacontrol41

deleted
Old 12-22-2008, 09:57 AM
outacontrol41

I've gone through this entire thread and restructured my thoughts on the Duane Habets Ag Cat ARF headed by Brian F of Texas. The fact is, if this kit hits the market next month, next year, or next decade....if I'm alive and healthy and still interested in the rc hobby I'll buy it. If this kit never sees the light of day then oh, well....nothing gained nothing lost. But to tell the truth, I hope this finally gets done (whenever that happens to be) and hits the market for the few of us that are really interested. 'Nuff said about that. Waiting for latest word from Duane or Brian.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:04 AM
gjmjoe017

I'll second that!I have been waiting on one of these for so long,a little longer won't bother me.I think Brian will have this thing in the air and tested before spring hits.I have personally seen it and it is worth the wait.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:27 PM
rychaross

WOW........I think you guys are mad at me. Just kidding. Update. My wife had surgery during the Thanksgiving Holidays that led into some serious complication that were very unexpected but she'll be fine. Prayer has helped tremendously through friends and family during this testing of the seasons. She is back on her feet and my focus was on getting her healthy again. I apologize for not keeping you guys informed of the unfortunate events that unfolded. Now that she is getting better I can start concentrating and applying focus back on the Agcat. I have the servos mounted into the wings. The wings are painted and air brushed to show some detail and a little weathering effects. I will do my best to start posting some pictures of the progress. I really thought that I would have this plane in the air by mid December but unfortunate events have unfolded due to my wifes surgical complications. I apologize for the inconvience that this has caused and I do promise I'll make it up to you all and get this bird in the air hopefully by early spring if not sooner. I pray it's sooner. Have a great day and a joyful holiday season.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:05 AM
outacontrol41

Not mad....just hoping you still had a pulse..........glad to see that you do. Hope and prayers that all gets better and thanks for the update.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:52 AM
rychaross

Thanks for the prayers.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:08 PM
gjmjoe017

Brian,glad your wife is doing better.I haven't given up on you,can't wait to see it all finished and some pics of it in the air.Keep us all posted.
Joe
Old 12-31-2008, 02:32 PM
AGR413

Well it has taken me awhile to get around to it but here are some pics.

Large sizes can be viewed and downloaded here.

[link=http://www.flickr.com/photos/21955099@N07/]http://www.flickr.com/photos/21955099@N07/[/link]
Old 01-01-2009, 08:36 PM
rychaross

Thanks Joe,

Ok guys As I promised here are some pictures of the DH Agcat. I hope you enjoy them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33621.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1101181   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43434.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1101182   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48513.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1101183   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64163.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1101184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41295.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1101185   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99441.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1101186   Click image for larger version

Name:	By76526.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1101187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69250.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1101188  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22508.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1101189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36181.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	1101190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99408.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1101191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59271.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1101192  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.