Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

AT6 Texan Kit. Where are they?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

AT6 Texan Kit. Where are they?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 07:11 AM
R-Duhb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AT6 Texan Kit. Where are they?

I'm looking for an AT-6 kit. I can only find ARF's. Can anyone point me to a place online where I can pick one up?
Old 08-22-2015, 09:11 AM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you can find an old Midwest or Top-Flite kit for sale on Ebay, you probably have to resort to building from plans like Nick Ziroli and buying a short kit from one of the kit cutters.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:09 AM
R-Duhb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RBACONS
Unless you can find an old Midwest or Top-Flite kit for sale on Ebay, you probably have to resort to building from plans like Nick Ziroli and buying a short kit from one of the kit cutters.
Thanks. That's what I was kinda thinking.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:40 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by R-Duhb
I'm looking for an AT-6 kit. I can only find ARF's. Can anyone point me to a place online where I can pick one up?
What size are you looking for?

There is a Bridi fiberglass fuselage and cowl on Ebay right now and I see the full kit show up from time to time if you keep watching the auction sites. 60 - 90 size and it flies very well. Ziroli has giant scale plans and there are several kits available from cutters and there are others. I highly recommend the Ziroli if that fits your size range. No shortage of T-6 kits if you look around. You might not find the one you want today but with persistence, you should be able to find something in short order.