Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Can Someone Please Help??

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Can Someone Please Help??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2024, 07:10 AM
Bikerboy53
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Can Someone Please Help??

Hey all,

I know I've mentioned this before in a different thread, and I hope that I'm not beating a "dead horse" here. I bought a kit (well at least I THOUGHT I did) for a "Goldwing 1/3 scale Piper J3 Cub at a local swap meet a while back, it's a beautiful aircraft, but when I started digging into it and attempting to put things together, I noticed some of the parts were either missing or just did NOT match the assembly guide at all and I'm thinking that this was a total joke, so NOW I'm scrambling to find the hardware for the wing struts OR maybe some guidance on how I'm supposed to finish this thing in time for the summer flying season. Does ANYONE know where I can find spare parts for this??, I'm guessing the company went out of business because I cannot raise them at all.

ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Biker

Here's the photos of the hardware that I need

Last edited by Bikerboy53; 03-18-2024 at 07:14 AM. Reason: photos
Old 03-18-2024, 04:52 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Unless you are lucky enough to find someone who has the parts or has an old airframe, I'm thinking you will have to build the parts yourself. In non ARF kits like the Balsa USA 1/4 or 1/3 or SIG 1/4 CUB these were typically made by the builder. You could adapt those practices to finish your ARF. Good luck though, maybe someone will come through. GoldWing has been gone for awhile now.
Old 03-20-2024, 08:25 AM
Bikerboy53

I was afraid you might say that TR, I'm wondering if I could 3D print the latch bolts, the rest I can fab on my own, but it sure would be nice to have some dimensions to work with.

Thanks for the input TR

Biker
Old 03-20-2024, 08:27 AM
Bikerboy53

The circled parts are the ones I was thinking about 3D printing
Any input would be appreciated

thanks all

Biker
Old 03-21-2024, 05:13 AM
Jeff Foley
My Feedback: (45)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are called spade bolts. Ive seen them listed in Mcmaster carr....although I don't know what sizes they have and whether they are metric or not. You may be able to find some there....or do a google search. I will also look in my stash.....seems like I remember seeing them in some older control line kits for holding landing gear wire.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Foley; 03-21-2024 at 05:16 AM.
Old 04-03-2024, 08:47 AM
Bikerboy53

Thank you Jeff, much appreciated :-)
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Foley (04-04-2024)
Old 04-04-2024, 04:11 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

I just made new jury struts for mu 1/3 scale Champ. I used K&S aluminum streamline tube tube when I built it but it is a little on the weak side so I ordered stainless steel streamline tube from Toni Clark in Germany, $40 for the tube, $40 to ship! I don't need to worry about it bending.

The following users liked this post:
Jeff Foley (04-04-2024)
Old 04-04-2024, 05:57 AM
Bikerboy53

WOW, VERY nice work Tony!...that's pretty much the same thing I'm looking at doing for my 1/3 Cub, thank you for posting this, that's something I can do until I figure out what these parts are, can you or anyone else ID these circled parts?

Thanks so much!

Biker

Last edited by Bikerboy53; 04-04-2024 at 06:11 AM.
Old 04-05-2024, 03:27 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

I guessing those parts are the strut end fittings. These would be inserted into the strut and attached with a through bolt. The four fittings shown in the bottom right side photo on the first post are screwed to the wing and the end fitting attaches there with the four pins shown.