RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - General (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/)
-   -   RC Guys Super Decathlon coming (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/5085039-rc-guys-super-decathlon-coming.html)

bradleyban 01-18-2010 10:10 AM

RE: RC Guys Super Decathlon coming

Hey Jeff

I think I saw your there ready to be shipped out on friday the 15 (If you ordered it already). Dan is a very nice guy gave me a bit of a tour around his shop checked out  the other models he sell and lots of blimp stuff. Wish I had more time to spend there.

I have mine at home now and I gotta tell ya im not used to the giant scale stuff thats for sure. Damn this thing is big (I love it!!!!). I can't wait to assemble!!!

Brad

bradleyban 01-18-2010 12:20 PM

Is anyone using the SPE 40cc engine and if they are does the carb and muffler fit unsder the cowel?? they don't have very good dimensions on there website.

Thanks

Brad</p>

R/C Addiction 01-18-2010 10:01 PM

Brad,
I have an SPE-43 in mine and it fits completely under the cowl. One point though, when I hooked up the ignition, I discovered the metal boot rubs one place on the cowl so I would recommend fitting the cowl with the ignition boot in place.
Jeff

R/C Addiction 01-18-2010 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Brad,
here are some pictures of my installation of the SPE-43 for reference.
Jeff

bradleyban 01-18-2010 11:26 PM

Nice thanks Jeff Im ordering that motor tommorrow!!

bradleyban 01-27-2010 10:08 PM

Well found a good deal on a FG-36 decided to go with that. I would much rather a four stroke engine anyways for them scale flybys!!

auggiedog 01-29-2010 06:35 PM

does any think a os 3500bgx 2 stroke would be too much power for this plane[sm=50_50.gif]

outacontrol41 01-29-2010 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay...now time to balance this plane....
First let me say i'm using Futaba S3010's in the elevator and ailerons and a Hitech 6045MG for the pull-pull rudder. Also 3004's for throttle and smoke valve. The question I have is which battery should I use? A set of Sanyo batteries in 6 volt Nic Cad or 4.8 volt Hydrimax in 3600 mAh (heavy!! [X(]) If I use the lighter but stronger 6 volt I'll have to add a few more ounces to the tail. With the 4.8 v heavier battery it's less power but will last a looong time between charges. Plus I can shed the dead weight in the tail to make it balance at 4 1/8''. Weight of the plane is not reallyy the issue...it's a matter of which of these batteries will be better for this plane given it's servo arrangement.

bradleyban 01-30-2010 09:06 AM

<font size="2" color="#00265e">outacontrol41</font>

What engine are you running?? Seems that your plane is a little nose heavy?

bradleyban 01-30-2010 09:10 AM

<font size="2" color="#00265e">auggiedog</font> does any think a <font color="#000000">os</font> 3500bgx 2 stroke would be too much power for this plane http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfi...iley/50_50.gif
<span class="info"></span>

Probly lots of power for the plane but don't forget people were putting DA-50r in this plane. You would have to beef up the firewall a little bit thats all.

&lt;script&gt;</script&gt;

outacontrol41 01-30-2010 10:17 AM

ORIGINAL: bradleyban

http://<b><font size=''2'' color=''#...l41</font></b>

What engine are you running?? Seems that your plane is a little nose heavy?
A G38 in the front. That's just how it happens to balance with the 6 volt on the tail with a little extra weight on the elevator. Balance is not the issue...which battery best with these servos considering I'll be doing aerobatics once she's airborne.

rfialko 02-09-2010 05:49 PM

Hello! I just flew my Super Decathlon last Sunday 7th in Brazil!