Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Does anyone else love Enya engines?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 12:28 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Does anyone else love Enya engines?

There are a few folks on this forum that must always comment upon what someone says in a denigrating manner. I have been accused of doing the same thing, from time to time. I'll concede that it is possible that I did and let it go at that. Most of the time, I let it go without comment, but occasionally, when I'm in pain and am feeling hateful, I respond to those comments, which is just what the author wanted.

Don't let such things bother you. It had nothing to do with you, OP.

Ed Cregger
Old 12-23-2010, 12:35 AM
tiffitech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

?? Where are the Rats? Surely not Enya!

Regards,

Holm
Old 12-23-2010, 04:51 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

NO....just bad memories from when I was a kid, and had issues with them running.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Rid, you're exactly correct, for years Honda made what they called 350s that were really 326s, then they enlarged the "350s" to 351cc and called them 360s. Go figure.

Jim, knows this number but the Saito 100 is something like 1.04 cu in.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:11 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Hobbsy,
That comment brought back memeories. My first motorcycle was a used 1966 Honda 305 Srambler. I wonder what it's actuall cc was?
John
Old 12-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Blindsides
My Feedback: (4)

Yes the Sig 4 star is a great platform! Still wish I could get another Airtronics Warlock. The last plane I had it on was a .40 Kaos and it just did not have the authority it had on the Warlock. But I definitely think the 40 4-Star is a great product and Sig, when you can get their products anymore, has probably the best products out there.

Thanks for the responses!
Old 12-23-2010, 06:54 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Konrad

Unfortunately that is exactly how my code rendered! See post #502
Post #502 is by someone else. Maybe you mean another post?

Ed, sorry about the pain. You have mentioned it before when it was really bad.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:35 AM
NM2K

ORIGINAL: blw

ORIGINAL: Konrad

Unfortunately that is exactly how my code rendered! See post #502
Post #502 is by someone else. Maybe you mean another post?

Ed, sorry about the pain. You have mentioned it before when it was really bad.

Thanks, Barry. Sorry to bring it up again. I just want folks to know that I have reason for these wild personality shifts, other than the fact that I should be institutionalized. (smile)

Ed Cregger
Old 12-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Riddle4U

Ed, I know someone who does counseling (my brother). He hasn't helped me.....but who knows? I think you're all fine Ed, from my perspective! Merry Christmas all of you here!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Hobbsy

Every so often I have to remind my wife that her pain button is in no way, shape or form connected to her treat people mean button. It's simply a lack of self control or not thinking about the consequences of what you're about to say.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Rcflyer22407
My Feedback: (3)

Loved those Enya engines. Back in the 70's everyone I flew with had em' and OS too. Those Enyas would run and
run and run even if you abused them. Still have a couple and fly my TF P47 with an Enya 60 III. Too bad
there isn't a good source for these anymore.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:07 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Order here or direct. http://www.bj-model-engines.com/Enya.html
John
Old 12-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Riddle4U

Yea, my first was a .29 R/C in 1975. I flew it last just a few years ago in my brothers Kadet trainer. It just seems that the metalurgy, and overall fit of the piston, enhances a long life even with abuse as you say. The initial compression in my Enyas is noticeably higher than the new O.S. engines I own. That may not be indicative of anything, but the power is definitely there with my Enya .40 SSBB compared to even my newer O.S. .46FX. Am I imagining all this?
Old 12-23-2010, 01:09 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

loved my enya2 60 and my enya 50CX.great engines!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:25 PM
NM2K

ORIGINAL: Hobbsy

Every so often I have to remind my wife that her pain button is in no way, shape or form connected to her treat people mean button. It's simply a lack of self control or not thinking about the consequences of what you're about to say.

I love my Enya engines.

If ya'all want a treat, obtain an Enya .45 CX. Not a .50 or .61 CX. The latter are ABC engines, not AAC engines such as the .40 & .45 CX. While the ABC engines are good engines, they lack the magic of the AAC piston and liner. When you are ready to fly it, peak it out and only back off about half as much (going richer) as you normally would. Takeoff and fly around until about mid tank, now pull the nose up and delight in its pulling power.

Oh, in the above example, only use a 10x6 prop or smaller or you will never realize the true power of this engine. It is NOT a lugger and will run in the doggiest manner ever if loaded with a larger propeller.

Ed Cregger
Old 12-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Hobbsy

Little do you know.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:45 PM
NM2K

ORIGINAL: Hobbsy

Little do you know.

We all have stories we could tell, I'm sure.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Dave.

Ed Cregger
Old 12-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Hobbsy

The thing is Ed, I only need look across my fence and there lives a 41 year old guy who is 6' 3" and weighs 400 lbs exactly. He makes us both look like health nuts. When I think about him I remember something my Dad used say to when he'd say, "there but by the grace of God go I." My neighbors right leg is as red as a beet, no exaggeration, and skin is constantly falling off in big scaly chunks yet the first warm day next spring he'll be at my fence asking to borrow my Roto Tiller. I always offer to till his garden for him but he says no, the day I start letting others do my stuff I'll lose something I'll never get back. You gotta admire a guy like that. It takes him a while to walk around the back of my shop but he loves to see my engines run.

Merry Christmas to you and yours too Ed and Thanks.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:17 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still have a couple three Enya .35 RC engines. I bought them way back around 1979. I used two of them in a twin engine plane. The engines outlasted the plane. It was never crashed, it just wore out from being flown so much. Anyway, I don't recall anyone actually wearing out a Enya engine yet. Like the Fox engines the Enyas tend to last seemingly forever, as long as they have good fuel run through them.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:13 PM
mike109

G'day Ed Thanks for the info about the CX-45 needing small props to perform. The one I have had a 10 x 6 on it when I bought it and I wondered whether it was too small but I will run it with that prop now that I know. I have just been to a hobby shop in Canberra, ACT, Australia and among other things I bought a couple of 10 x 6 APC props.

Cheers and to everyone - have a great Christmas. It is Christmas Eve here and the weather is about perfect (should be flying) so we are having a BBQ tonight.

Michael from Oz currently in Canberra.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:55 PM
I-fly-any-and-all
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yea o.s. engines!

kidding!!!! enya engines are great too
Old 12-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Riddle4U

What?
Old 12-28-2010, 07:22 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the Enya people do not get it into gear & find better ways to get those very nice engines to market, my fear is they will go by the wayside like Webra did...and many other good Brands will be lost. Capt,n
Old 12-28-2010, 01:27 PM
NM2K

I used to feel the same way about Enya back when MRC handled them. No one (LHS/dealers) wanted to handle Enya engines. Some told me that MRC was like Ace in that they were a PITA to deal with and that the engines were so high priced most folks would buy the cheaper engines in the shop instead. The fact that Enya kept the same old fashioned appearance with the majority of their engines, regardless of the level of high tech features incorporated within, didn't help. Not to mention the "air bleed" carb appearance of very advanced metered carbs that utilized an air bleed for a trim circuit of the low speed setting. Hence, giving the impression that Enya was charging an arm and a leg for engines with cheap carburetors. A simple handout explaining the difference between their air trimmed metered carb and a true air bleed carb could have increased their sales substantially.

Ed Cregger
Old 12-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Riddle4U

I don't know that they were all that old fashioned in appearance. I would say they are high quality. I don't know about some of these new engines from China that look super modern....that's nice and may attract buyers, but it is the quality we all learn is most important. We just want them to spin props well (and for a long time)! People need to understand that for the most part you get what you pay for. If people just look at an engine and buy the less expensive one next to it.....then it is a race to the bottom on quality! We have ourselves to blame if we just buy inexpensive products.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.