Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

XTM24.7 or O.S. 30 max

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTM24.7 or O.S. 30 max

Hi , wanted to know whtat the forums opinion would be on which engine would be a better all around basher and track engine( more bash than track really) Have a MGT that i had installed a 24.7 into and was running fine until it went completely nuts and rammed a wall at 45mph and amazingly nothing broke, however i was in an open filed and the wall was on the far side (think almost football field distance) and by the time i got to it there was nothing but smoke and one of the tires had flown off. Anyways a little help on which to choose would be great.

P.S. upon further inspection of the accident i found that somehow the radio antenna had been broken, the battery indicator showed 0 power (brand new duracells), and the little tube that antenna on the truck sits in had come off. Now i have no clu which of these happened first or which caused the problem, however i do know its a perfect excuse to buy a new radio and engine
Old 02-06-2006, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XTM24.7 or O.S. 30 max

srry i meant to ask between the XTM 24.7 or the O.S. .30 Max
Old 02-06-2006, 11:29 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The OS 30 appears to be made for more power? More $$$$ too

enjoy,

Jim
Old 02-07-2006, 12:41 AM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The .247 is a good engine, (I have one in my X-Terminator ) especially for the money. The O.S. is a real nice engine, but how much better (for the $ ) I'm not sure.

How about the Mach .28? It's similar to the .247, and I think made in the same factory in China? You get more displacement for just a little more than the XTM engine. It would be a direct bolt in replacement too...

I also have a Mach .26 (predecessor to the .28 ) and internally it looks virtually identical to the .247 except for the piston/sleeve.