Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Webra .32 Dynamix experience?

Old 12-30-2002, 03:40 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Webra .32 Dynamix experience?

Does anyone here have any experience with the Webra Dynamix carb on the .32 Speed? I have a NIB Speed .32 ABCD with the Dynamix and just wanted to know if there are any gotcha's to look out for.

Thanks in advance,
John
Old 12-30-2002, 05:42 AM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Dynamix

Read the directions, the big thing is not to go fiddeling with the needles too much the factory settings are a good place to start. If you mess with the needles too much you will get the main spraybar out of wack and then you will not be happy. There was an article in RCM probably 10 years ago about the correct initial set up. I got a copy and filed it away so far I haven'tr needed it. The high speed is normal unscrew to richen.
The low speed works backwards unscrew to lean and the idle mixture affects the high speed needle, so go back and check it after every idle mixture adjustment.
I have about 5 gallons through mine and love it.
Sparky
Old 12-30-2002, 02:53 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Thanks Sparky,
I did note in the instructions that the idle mixture behaves like an airbleed. Any favorite props? The engine is going in a small, clean, fast model. I think my engine was missing part of the instructions when I bought it and I don't have a prop table to refer to. I was thinking about a 9X6, but if you have any other suggestions, I'd more than welcome them.

Thanks again,
John
Old 12-30-2002, 04:45 PM
elmshoot

Default .32

The 9x6 prop will work fine. I might also think about 9x5 as well. I use APC almost exclusivly on my planes. I have found that you can get about 1000 more RPM if you run the webra mini tuned pipe from the Pylon/Quickie .40 engine. I had to drill another hole in the muffler for the smaller spacing of the exhaust holes and I used a plug in the outlet to increase the back preasue. I am running this on a fun fly plabe and it screams! I am running a APC 10.25 x 3.5 or something like that at over 15K.
Sparky
Old 12-30-2002, 04:51 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

I run APC's myself. I'd like to turn as much pitch as possible to get the speed up. Maybe an 8X7 or 8X8? The plane will weigh about 3.5 lbs. ready to fly. I currently have a Webra quiet muffler, but have thought about one of the Jett mufflers if it's too restrictive.

Thanks again,
John
Old 12-30-2002, 05:03 PM
elmshoot

Default Nelson

John,
I don't have any experience with the Jett exhaust but the Performance/nelson mufflers do work great and would be a great alternative to my set up mentioned earlier. You might be able to find one on the want ads at RCU.
Sparky
Old 12-31-2002, 05:40 AM
MrMotor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Webra

If you need more power and speed get the Webra Speed 35 aircraft engine with the easy to tune TNII carb. Webra lists the power of the 35 at 1.4 HP.
Old 12-31-2002, 03:43 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Thanks, but I already have the Speed .32 and don't want to buy another engine. I just want the most power out of this one. Also, the Dynamix aren't difficult to tune, they are just different. You know, some of us are on a budget

John
Old 05-01-2006, 06:46 AM
jetpack
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Webra .32 Dynamix experience?

If you mess with the needles too much you will get the main spraybar out of wack and then you will not be happy. There was an article in RCM probably 10 years ago about the correct initial set up. I got a copy and filed it away so far I haven'tr needed it.
Here is a guy that needs it.

I had to take my dynamix apart to clean it, now wondering where a good place to start is with the spraybar. Take a look at the pics.

The first pic shows you whats going on with the way the spraybar is V-Grooved and drilled out.

The second pic shows where I think wide open throttle mix will be, with the hole near the edge of the bore.

The third pic shows were I think wide open throttle mix would be on paper, or should I say the ideal placement of the fuel orfice.

Can someone help with this initial setup?

The motor being 25 years old itself has never been run, I had to disasseble everything to clean it...I never had a clue about what was going on with this carb when I took it apart and couldnt see much in there so now I'm lost. I would hate to fire this thing up the very first time and cook it with a lean mixture, or have it peak out right away.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58516.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	453633   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51934.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	453634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46237.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	453635  
Old 05-01-2006, 08:13 AM
DarZeelon

Default RE: Webra .32 Dynamix experience?

David,

Anywhere you set it to start is a good place, if you know your engines well enough to know if it is running too rich, or too lean.

I seem to remember the instructions that came with the Webra Racing #1030 that had this Dynamix carburettor installed, said to use a fuel pump... Exhaust pressure was stated to be somewhere between borderline and insufficient.

...But there are others using the exhaust to pressurize the fuel tank, without too many problems.

Maybe this photo of the external linkages between the parts, would be good to help you find a reasonably good starting position.

And BTW, the low speed needle is a classic fuel metering system. The only thing it has in common with an air-bleed low-speed mixture adjustment, is that it is turned in the closing direction to open it further and vice-versa.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68407.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	453659