Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

REAL ABC for OS here

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 03:20 PM
asmund

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default REAL ABC for OS here

WWW.justengines.co.uk scroll down on the page and click: "Calling all O.S. .46 'sf' and .40 + .46 'fx' owners"
Old 11-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REAL ABC for OS here

Yes they have new P&L for those engines but have you noticed what the price is plus shipping to those people in the US .
I sent them a email asking what it would cost for a set and they never answered me back . I feel anyone thats to busy to return my email is to busy for me to do business with.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:06 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

check www.pspec.com

I believe Dave Shadel has them available also.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:14 PM
TimC

As best I can figure, Just Engines is around $60 compared to $68 plus shipping from Tower. It may be a bad photo, but the piston/liner from Just Engines looks kind of rough. I would be tempted to try the set from Just Engines if I ever manage to wear out the set in either of my .46FX's. It looks like Performance Specialties doesn't offer them anymore. I think the Magnum set available in the U.S. is the same one that Just Engines is selling.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:30 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Tim,

good catch, I don't see them on Dave's new website, but I would still give him a call. I've heard the Magnum pisont/sleeve is a drop in fit, but I've never tried.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:35 PM
erik58
My Feedback: (4)

I brought piston &sleeve from just engines I've had good luck with it. the quality is good it's in a sf46 I have about 20 flights on it. I am using a davis diesel head it runs quite well it is cheaper than the oem set up I have no complaints good luck Erik
Old 11-21-2006, 08:15 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cyberwolf

Yes they have new P&L for those engines but have you noticed what the price is plus shipping to those people in the US .
I sent them a email asking what it would cost for a set and they never answered me back . I feel anyone thats to busy to return my email is to busy for me to do business with.

---------------

Being a "Cyberwolf", you should be aware that there is no guarantee that your email ever made it to its destination. I wouldn't give up until I sent several emails asking the same question. "Just Engines" always answers my email - when they get it.

Ed Cregger
Old 11-21-2006, 08:18 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: daven

Tim,

good catch, I don't see them on Dave's new website, but I would still give him a call. I've heard the Magnum pisont/sleeve is a drop in fit, but I've never tried.

---------------

Now what we need is for someone sufficiently knowledgeable to measure the port area/timing to see if they are the same as those of the original OEM parts.

Ed Cregger
Old 11-21-2006, 04:26 PM
sigrun

ORIGINAL: asmund
WWW.justengines.co.uk scroll down on the page and click: "Calling all O.S. .46 'sf' and .40 + .46 'fx' owners"
The salient question is "Have you actually fitted and used one of them yourself?".

Whilst they appear a feasable if not exactly inexpensive an alternative solution, those P&L's are made by LEO. A 'cousin' of Thunder Tiger, LEO also manufacture O.S. 46SF clones under alternative brand names of Megatech and for Mecoa as well as under their own LEO brand, but don't seem to deploy the same QC standard with regard to metallurgy that Thunder Tiger are renowned for today. Of the many examples which appear in concert with promotional sales waves at my primary field, I've yet to see a Leo/Megatech SF clone's P&L last for very long once put into in service. Perhaps these P&L replacement 'spares' from LEO are somehow different? They'd certainly want to be at two thirds the price a brand new in box O.S. .46AX coming with warranty, plug and silencer can be had for once you include even the cheapest shipping of those spares outside the UK!

Old 11-21-2006, 04:36 PM
asmund

No, I have never used them and never will. My only current OS is the 91 fx and it is ringed. If I buy another OS, I will make sure it is ringed (I want the 120 ax) I just wanted to share this as I thought it was something new, atleast I didn`t know that others made ABC setup for OS before I discovered that page. It may be good news for some and not so interesting to others.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:19 PM
sigrun

There used to be a couple of aftermarket alternatives for prematurely screwed .46 FX P&L's, including relacement ceramic ones at a pricepoint which most of us would rather not pay. They've since disappeared with time and the intro of the AX, leaving only the couple of alternatives one of which you've brought to attention. For U.S. residents, the Magnum P&L is reportedly an alternative alternative. Outside the U.S., Magnum spares support is non-existent, so you can figure out the impact of that yourself.

Viability of replacing the P&L of a well worn SF, FX or AX with either genuine or aftermarket spares is simply economically vetoed....unless you live in the U.S. and have access to said inexpensive Magnum .46 replacement parts and equally cheap 'n reasonably quick shipping. For the rest of us, we just replace with a Thunder Tiger PRO .46 or a Super Tigre G .45 instead for about the same price as a replacement P&L circumventing the problem...or lay out the extra for a promotionally priced AX if unable to resist the lure of the branded blue box.