Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

O.S. 70 Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 12:53 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S. 70 Ultimate

O.S. stopped or discontinued the OS 70 ultimate for issues, but have re-released it now and claim all the issues have been fixed, has anyone run one lately?
Old 08-01-2007, 02:00 AM
Sobrinof

Default RE: O.S. 70 Ultimate

I bought one of these engines two months ago. Till the moment it runs great. Full of power, little running in...

There is a previous release of these engines that had a lot of problems related to the pump system.. It looks like if OS has solved this problems

As I said, till the moment, I am really happy with it...

Regards
Old 08-01-2007, 07:07 AM
flyinrazrback

thanks for the info, what prop and fuel are you running on yours? the manual says it can run 30% nitro, and that is readily available over here so will probably use either 20/20 fuel or heli fuel.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:17 PM
More HP
My Feedback: (2)

I ran mine today, got 9800 on an apc 13x7 and 15% fuel. Still less than one gallon run time on it so far. Surprised me how well it idles right out of the box, haven't even touched the low speed needle yet. I really like the slide carb.

My YS 63s probably makes a little more power(the supercharging is very efficient), wait a minute, I didn't run the ultimate on 30% heli yet so they are probably closer than I thought. I've had nothing but problems with the silicone plunger sticking in the regulator on my 63S, it's going in for service again soon.

I think this time they got the pump/regulator system in the ultimate dialed in now!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:04 PM
flyinrazrback

Good to know! Glad O.S. got the bugs worked out, and agree the YS motors can be finicky. I don't mind giving up a smidge of power for ease and reliabilty. I will probably start with a 12x7 and go from there.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:51 AM
Sobrinof

Hi again

A 12x7 propeller is small for this engine. OS recommends 13x6 and 13x7 propellers

I am using a 12x8 APC, home brew fuel 10% nitro and works fine, really well.

Regards

FER