Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS AX 75 Pitts Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 05:47 PM
kstick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS AX 75 Pitts Muffler

I have an OS AX 75 and need to put a pitts muffler on it, but I can't find any recommended ones. The ones I've found that might work are:

1. Bisson Pitts for GMS 76 also recommended for Tower 75
2. Bisson Pitts for OS 61 SX/FX
3. Bisson Pitts for OS 91 FX
4. Slimline Pitts for OS 91 FX
5. Slimline Pitts for OS 61 SF/FX

Which one fits and works like it should?

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS AX 75 Pitts Muffler

Well the thing just came out, I doubt their are any unless with the 61 or 91 fits it???? Those genius's at Tower may know. You could look in the manual. Sometimes they have schematics for all engines with bolt patterns you could look at.

Talk to the ones that answer the phone and say "I need to ask a supervisor" That'll tell you where to take it from their
Old 08-02-2007, 12:49 PM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I also have a new .75 AX. and am wondering the same thing, and posted the same question in the OS engine support forum. No help there. I guess we will have to wait till the aftermarket guys get busy.

Regards,

Dave
Old 08-02-2007, 01:14 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

I emailed OS about this, they said the one for the 61FX will fit.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There ya go!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:22 PM
kstick

Yes, I think the OS 61 FX will fit, and so will the 91 FX Pitts muffler. In looking closely at Towers website, the 61FX, 91FX, and 75 AX's Replacement and Optional Parts sections all call for the same muffler extensions, so they should all bolt up ok..

Thus, the only question is which is best from exhaust restriction standpoint. I think I'll go with the 91 as I'd rather have to pinch off one of the exhaust tubes to get enough muffler pressure (have had to do it on a different engine I have a pitts on) than worry that the 61FX pitts is too restrictive.

If you look at the regular 91FX muffler part it says it won't provide enough backpressure if bolted to a 61FX, while the OS 61 SF muffler (#744B) which uses the extension also warns that putting it on the 91 FX may burn up the motor due to execssive backpressure.

Anyway, that's my thinking, so I'll order a 91FX pitts next week. It'll be a few weeks before I use it as I still have to breakin the motor which I'll do on its standard muffler. I'll try to remember to report if it works or not.

Thanks again.