Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Run-in procedure

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Run-in procedure

Hi

Does someone have a good run-in procedure for 2 stroke ABC engines. Manufacturer recommendations vary from brand to brand quite radically. Certain manufacturers recommend 10 seconds alternating between 2 stroke and 4 stroke sound. Others recommend just-on 2stroke for a full tank. Others recommend running for 2 minutes at a time with cool down in between. So many options.

Surely ABC behaviour is fairly standard and the run-in procedure should also be standard. Is there a good general rule that will guarantee best bedding-in of components

regards
Hedley
Old 03-28-2003, 04:20 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Run-in procedure

Varys by brand for me. What engine is it? If OS, I fly them out of the box. They are awsome. Only the 91FX needed breaking in. Webra takes all kinds of break in. Usually I break an engine in with 10 % nitro, 20 % oil fuel and run a tank or two pretty rich, then lean it, but not all the way and fly it. Has been working well for a long time. Never had an endine go bad.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:15 PM
js3
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Run-in procedure

Blixsim,

Whatever you do, DO NOT allow a two-stroke ABC motor to run in a 4 cycle manner. This is a good way to ruin the motor very quickly. A nice and rich TWO CYCLE needle is what you are looking for.

Check out the engine forum and perhaps ask your question there. Lots of experts will be able to give you much more information than I can.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Run-in procedure

Hi!
From whom have you got the impression that different ABC,ABN, Or AAC engines requires different running-in procedures?!!
The are all run in the same, be it OS ,TT, ROSSI, Webra, Nelson, JETT, IR or MB!
Just run them at a fairly rich setting at full throttle opening regulation the speed with the highspeed needle ...without interuption...thats it!! it's so easy! Don't complicate an easy thing like running in an ABC engine.

Regards!
Jan karlsson
Sweden