Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

YS 110

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:47 PM
mpalermo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS 110

Being new to 4 stroke engines and in fact just started my brand new one today, I have a couple of questions.

I ran the needle at 1.5 turns out it seemed to be running rich which is fine, I ran it at 4,000 RPM for the first tank of like 8oz did not time it let it run the whole tank.

Now the head temp seemed fine was not too hot, however the muffler was smoking, could not even touch it.

Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

(sorry if this has been discussed 100 times before I could not find a relevalant post)
Old 04-22-2008, 02:09 AM
Flyer95
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YS 110

A fourstroke exhaust and muffler is always very hot no mather how rich the engine is running so it should be fine.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: YS 110

With a YS, you are better of to run it up slowly to WOT, adjust the high speed needle and fly it. YS's will run to hot on the ground. If you adjust the settings on the ground with a YS that has been run on the ground for more than 4-5 minutes wide open, the settings will be of in the air when the engine is running cooler.
You can go to the YS forums, and ask Troy, and he will tell you the same thing.[)]