Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Veco-Coy engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:31 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Veco-Coy engine

I have heard about the Fox-a-Coy glow engines, but this time what is a Veco-McCoy glow engine?

All that I know right now, is that it was done with certain parts from each engine during the 1960's and resulted in some small sized creation.

Wm.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:29 PM
jessiej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Veco-Coy engine

Well, I am certainly out of the loop on this one. I am familiar with the Fox-a-coy event, but completely ignorant of any knowlege about combining parts of Veco, Fox and McCoy engines. I am egar to learn more. I think I have enough assorted parts to make Frankenstein's monster look like a nursery tale!

jess
Old 04-23-2008, 08:22 AM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not know much either, 'cept from a few distant B&W pictures out of older magazines.

I brought this subject up over (What is?) at SAMTalk, any you would ahve thought that I was violating them all. There was talk about new versus old rules, wingspans, square inches, etc. when zero folks responded with a responce as to just what is one? Boy did most of the respondants ever not read the original post.

Wm.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:50 AM
jessiej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: CoosBayLumber

I do not know much either, 'cept from a few distant B&W pictures out of older magazines.

I brought this subject up over (What is?) at SAMTalk, any you would ahve thought that I was violating them all. There was talk about new versus old rules, wingspans, square inches, etc. when zero folks responded with a responce as to just what is one? Boy did most of the respondants ever not read the original post.

Wm.
SAM has a very nice bunch of folks, but it seems there is always a vocal contingent from the "iF IT WAS NOT EXACTLY THAT WAY IN 1939 IT IS SACRELEDGE" or "WE HAVE TOO MANY EVENTS NOW!' group.

I enjoy the old timers a gread deal. Currently they are my favorite type of plane, but I do not compete and I do not obseve any class rules as to power. Just pure pleasure.

jess