Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Older engines..Which is the strongest/weakest?

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Older engines..Which is the strongest/weakest?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:35 PM
tucker1865
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Older engines..Which is the strongest/weakest?

Guys: Which of these engines are the strongest and weakest. Put them in order for me if you will. Thanks
K & B 61....C. Lee customized
Webra 10cc Blackhead
Webra 50 GT Speed
Enya 60 III
Old 05-01-2008, 10:08 PM
rcdude7
My Feedback: (264)

Default RE: Which is the strongest/weakest?

This would be my semi-educated guess...............

1) K & B 61....C.F. Lee customized

2) Webra 50 GT Speed

3) Tie? I don't know, but I think it would be close. The blackhead webra is loop charged I think, and I'm sure the Enya is.

Webra 10cc Blackhead
Enya 60 III
Old 05-02-2008, 10:01 AM
tucker1865

Thanks rcdude, for your reply. The reason I am asking is that I am trying to match engines/mufflers with kits/scratch build projects. I lot of my stuff is from the 80's. I have many options with regard to mufflers, in-cowl, pitts and standard. Will the Enya and Webra be adequate for a Jemco Hellcat or a Ugly/Sweet stick 60. I know the first two will fly a Kaos 60 but what can I do with the others. I bought the Webra from a guy with a kit (Sig Comet) for 40.00 back then but I am not sure If it will fly a pattern plane. I have Kaos, Sun-fli, Quick-fli, Bridi Aircruiser and a few Jemco kits as well as the 60 size stick kits/plans. I know it depends on the performance goal but i need some place to start. What were these engines intended to be used with back then. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:43 AM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: tucker1865

Thanks rcdude, for your reply. The reason I am asking is that I am trying to match engines/mufflers with kits/scratch build projects. I lot of my stuff is from the 80's. I have many options with regard to mufflers, in-cowl, pitts and standard. Will the Enya and Webra be adequate for a Jemco Hellcat or a Ugly/Sweet stick 60. I know the first two will fly a Kaos 60 but what can I do with the others. I bought the Webra from a guy with a kit (Sig Comet) for 40.00 back then but I am not sure If it will fly a pattern plane. I have Kaos, Sun-fli, Quick-fli, Bridi Aircruiser and a few Jemco kits as well as the 60 size stick kits/plans. I know it depends on the performance goal but i need some place to start. What were these engines intended to be used with back then. Any help would be appreciated.
Hobby Lobby sells a mount that will let you to swap your engines at will. It also makes it easier to pull an engine a clean/lube it for storage and make slight adjustments for right thrust. I run the older engines myself and find that the use of 18-22% all castor fuel makes all the difference. I think you'll find that any of the engines you mention will fly all of the kits that you have. Build Light.

You'll have to experiment with the mufflers as the in-cowl/Pitts style mufflers don't seem to work as well. (at least that's what I have found)

Some of the older Webra engines used a needle bearing in the top of the "forged" connecting rod. Use good quality fuel/oil and you're set for life.

I like the old stuff.
Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Fuelman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Older engines..Which is the strongest/weakest?

They will all be of different power levels which is dependent upon the need. If you need a big lumber spinner for a scale cub, use the K&B or the Enya, they both have good torque and will spin a 12x6 to 13x5 quite well. If you are building a pattern style plane that you will want a bit more speed with use the Webra 60.
The Webra 50 is "40" size and weight and will give ballistic performance to any 40 size plane.