Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Webra Speed 35 (1023ch) needle setting???

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Webra Speed 35 (1023ch) needle setting???

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 08:12 AM
gt520

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Webra Speed 35 (1023ch) needle setting???

1. Can any one please tell me what is a factory settings for both High and Low speed needles..
I have done some search on the forum and found that some say 5.5 turns for low speed and 1 turn for high speed... others say the other way round... can any one please confirm this for me as I brought the engine and couldn't find any information on the factory settings for them...

2. What is the percentage of nitro should I be using on my webra 35?

3. Some flyer say put a shim onto a engine to able use 30% nitro... what is a shim? ( I am new to this hobby)

Thanks for your reply
Old 06-01-2003, 06:09 PM
Ernie Misner

My Webra was set (I think...) at less than 2 turns on the high speed needle. The low needle needed to be leaned out a lot from where it came set. Really it doen't matter much where others are setting their needles. The factory parts can vary. You WILL need to learn how to tune your engine. On that carb, both needles will be turned in to lean and out to richen. (not an air bleed type of carb)

Webras are made in Europe and are intended to run on low nitro fuels. Do you really need the expense of 30%? Going racing? Then you should buy a racing engine.

Head shims are extra head gaskets and can be purchased or ordered from any Webra dealer. Paul has them at Pauls Model Supply. My Webra came with no shims from the factory and ran well with 10 or 15% nitro and no shims added. On a hot sultry day that might change though. Any overheating, sagging of power, or frying egg sound from detonation and you better get on the ground FAST. Either richen it up, add a shim, cooler plug, or less nitro in the fuel.

Ernie
Old 06-01-2003, 06:45 PM
yaron_k
My Feedback: (45)

I would like to support Ernie Misner's ideas about the nitro. I've been using Webras of various sizes and types. They run excellent on any fuel from 5% nitro and up. Your greater concern should be the lubricant percentage - don't go below 18% (when using full or blended synthetic) or below 20% (when using pure castor)

And one more thing - Webras require a very long break-in time before the settle down - be patient

Yaron
Old 06-01-2003, 11:57 PM
dickj
My Feedback: (1)

Set the low speed needle at 3/4 turn open and the high speed at 2 1/2 initially and then go from there.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:32 AM
gt520

Thanks for your kindly reply, I think I will set my high needle to 2 1/2 turns but I am still confuss with the low needle hopely I will be able to tune it on the field day.
I think I will just stick to 5% nitro if I can find where to get them. Thanks guys!!