Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

2.1 Moki: Glo Fuel dripping out at prop.

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

2.1 Moki: Glo Fuel dripping out at prop.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 02:31 AM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2.1 Moki: Glo Fuel dripping out at prop.

Guys, I figured I check with you first before I called Horizion to ask them about this .

I tried running my new 2.1 Moki with Powermaster FAI glo fuel for the first time. As soon as I primed the engine by turning the prop, I found an occassional drip of fuel coming out of the gap between the front housing and the prop drive hub. After a 20 minute or so session of the engine sitting in the engine test stand, I started to have a nice little messy puddle of glo fuel on the ground.

Is this normal or acceptable? I don't remember this problem with my collection of other brand smaller glo engines. I haven't flown my other engines for about 6 months now, and wondered if I've always had this problem more or less, but either don't remember it, or just didn't take notice of it. I did check the other engines hanging on the planes in the ceiling, and noticed a little bit of glo at the same spot. (but don't remember a full drip ever occurring when I used them)

Gees, I hate to think this engine is defective before I even get to kick it over, and I have to start shipping it off to Horizion!
Old 06-05-2003, 05:00 AM
eefkt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This engine will leak fuel like this when needle valve
is set very rich. Mine do this as well when I break in the
engine. After that when I lean to normal setting,
the leak stop. I think this fuel leak thing is mentioned
somewhere in the manual, so I am not worried.

But I don't know how much yours leak so I can' t say
it is normal or not. Anyway I hope this help.

Ting
Old 06-05-2003, 06:59 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think you will find this normal on a lot of engines . I wouldn't sweat it , run it . Some manufactures used to grind a spiral groove in crank shaft so rotation would pull excess back into intake port. Don't know what the warranty is on this engine is but it should be long enough to see if it clears up some. Like I said run it. MAX H.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:48 PM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I Thank you two gentlemen for the good news .
Actually, I've had this engine sitting in the box new for much of a year, and don't have much warranty time left. But, from what you're telling me, this sounds normal and I think I'll overlook it if it doesn't amount to much of anything except a wet spot on the ground.