Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Late 70's to Mid 80's, was there a second kit made for the Kress RK-049 ducted fan?

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Late 70's to Mid 80's, was there a second kit made for the Kress RK-049 ducted fan?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 09:41 PM
subarubrat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Late 70's to Mid 80's, was there a second kit made for the Kress RK-049 ducted fan?

I am starting to question my memory. I have several RK-049 fan units and a few of the Midwest Skyhawks which was the plane made specifically for that fan unit. Lately I seem to be thinking that I recall another plane that may have been kitted. I know there was the two versions of the mini F-16 that were published as plans, and a magazine published the plans for the F84 Thunderstreak, there may have been other plans that I can't recall. Was the Midwest Skyhawk the only kit produced or was there another? What do you remember?
Old 10-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Thomas B
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Midwest Skywhawk was the only kit designed for the RK-049 released through normal hobby retail channels.
I seem to remember Kress making some kits or semi kits for other models and I remember that Nick Ziroli made a smaller version of his He-182 design sized for the RK-049 and I know that Kress made at least a semi kit for this version:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/elec...alamander.html

Kress made an A-10 for the RK-09 fan and an A-6 for an even larger electric version of one of his fans. Kress also had plans or a semi kit for an F-16 and F-15, but not sure if they were for the RK-049 or RK-09. I think they were for the RK-09