Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Wanted plans for Quaker

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Wanted plans for Quaker

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 08:46 PM
dicknadine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wanted plans for Quaker

package recv'd today, E-Mail will respond. took liberty of posting your flight. its OLD Git, he was the only passenger on board. he might relay all of the details if asked. weather starting to get humid, summer is here. dick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10319.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	136016  
Old 05-25-2004, 02:40 AM
old git

ORIGINAL: dicknadine

package recv'd today, E-Mail will respond. took liberty of posting your flight. its OLD Git, he was the only passenger on board. he might relay all of the details if asked. weather starting to get humid, summer is here. dick
Dick,

The John Livingston in the article was my FATHER.
Pse read the rest of the pack for explanation.

John.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:08 AM
dicknadine

will correct it. was in hurry. dick
Old 05-25-2004, 10:26 AM
Thunderhead

I have the original and copies of the Quaker plane you want. Any one else please send me an e-mail to
[email protected]
Old 05-25-2004, 11:05 AM
dicknadine

which original kit / plan maker? dick
Old 05-28-2004, 08:39 AM
old git

Hello Dick.
Faulty Broadband may well be fixed. Spent hours on the phone (at my own expense) to the ISP trying to convince them the connection was failing. They sent an engineer after three days.

At the Model show last week I managed to meet with the local SAM 35 chapter. I wanted to join but they had no equipment or anything else. It was a last minute attendance (by them) at the show. I was given a phone number to call between 6 and & PM. I have been called out to meeting every evening this week. Maybe I can contact them tonight.

I am going to go to a flying field this weekend to meet up with the members of a club I used to belong to. The North Kent Nomads, the field is quite good except that the Thames is rather close and too dangerous for swimming or even using a rowing boat. A model in the Thames here is lost for good. I will try and get some pic's to post.

Someone posted a request for information on the wing centre section of a Flair Jr 60. I built the original kit (KK I think) in the '50s. It had an ED 2cc diesel, the one with a coin slot for compression adjustment. I eventually found the wing, I thought it had survived time totally unscathed. No such luck, the silk covering was no longer super strong, it has become brittle with time. If I am to use it again I will have to have to strip and recover. I also found a McGregor single channel and an electric GG actuator. In the same box was a Walton 4 channel proportional outfit. I can't ever remember using except that it has a Futaba servo that I recognise from use in the Sr Falcon. I suppose I shall need to buy some new gear. I have attached a pic' of the sad remains.

Name:	Kh17397.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	137240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71208.jpg
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	137241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29936.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	137242  
Old 05-28-2004, 09:08 AM
dicknadine

sounds like you are ready to recharge and produce some new models. your email came thru good.. new model just about on the drawing board. Dornier Do L2 Delphin II. will be different. dick camera not doing too well, an expert diddled with it.

Name:	Wu61783.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	137246  
Old 05-28-2004, 09:36 AM
old git

sounds like you are ready to recharge and produce some new models. your email came thru good.. new model just about on the drawing board. Dornier Do L2 Delphin II. will be different. dick camera not doing too well, an expert diddled with it.
Quick response.

An Expert.

Analysis:-
Ex = A has been
Spert = A drip under pressure.

Should we listen to experts, should we ever claim to be an expert?

Bye again,

John L
Old 05-31-2004, 02:36 PM
old git

My new camera doing OK but photigrapher less so. I went to my local flying field to see about re-joining the club. I found I have to start with a new members fee of $210 still never mind I have not been playing any part in the field upkeep for the last twenty years at least, possiby thirty. The land the field is on is classified as agricultural but is in fact Thames saltmarsh drained by a system of dykes. The structure in the background is a sluice to allow water from a local stream into the Thames. On the horizon you may see the Thames flood defences. It is about six miles from the Thames Barrier as the crow flies and nine miles from the Barrier by river. The Thames by the field is tidal, so the field is not very good for free flight or poor pilots like me. The patch is in good condition, grass but suitable for taxying. The dirt road leading to the field no longer has the 12" potholes, it has been improved with gravel. (I think by the local gun club)
The North Kent Nomads are twinned with the Hanau club in Germany. This year (out of turn) they are visiting Hanau for its 50th anniversary. They usually meet in the other's country every three years with the middle year, meeting in a neutral country.
It is a shame I am too involved in England to even think of going on the trip.

Name:	Ay75464.jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	138129  
Old 05-31-2004, 04:20 PM
dicknadine

at least the off strip landing would be in the high marsh grass. looks like London Bridge in the back ground. we just had a bad thunder/lightening storm pass by us, no known damage. drawing up plans for new bird- 81" ws. Dornier DO 13 Delphin 111, using small drw, page 115 of World Encyclopedia of Cival Aircraft. will keep me busy over the weekend. not decided on power yet--gas--electric. will make a dolly for land flying also. have agood weekend. dick

Name:	Yw69249.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	138158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17101.jpg
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	138159  
Old 05-31-2004, 05:13 PM
old git

Dick,

I have these two 1": ft drawing from Aircraft of the Fighting Powers. I can get them copied if they are any good to you.

Name:	Jh16568.jpg
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	138186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49106.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	138187  
Old 05-31-2004, 05:17 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

John, I got the magazine and other "info", very interesting, you have a very aviation heavy family history, thanks again, and again.

Evan
Old 05-31-2004, 05:18 PM
old git

Dick, oops.
Real DO 18 K

Name:	Us52888.jpg
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	138191  
Old 05-31-2004, 05:22 PM
dicknadine

thanks John. your prints are a different plane. mine is a single engine, era 1923. dick
Old 05-31-2004, 05:26 PM
old git

Hi Dick and Evan,

I just answered my eMail when it pinged, I think I was answering myself. Odd! to find others online at the same time.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:29 PM
old git

thanks John. your prints are a different plane. mine is a single engine, era 1923. dick
I just thought they might be a better start. I was always one to take the easy way out.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:11 AM
dicknadine

morning John. I'm stubbron. old-old timers are my thing. have enlarged side vu outline, just about done @ 81", now to move on plan vu. then start adding the guts. no idea yet about power, could be glo or electrict. the book is fantastic, you shud try to locate a copy, will keep you occupied for weeks. heavy rains again this am, some local flooding, still drizzling. just about LONDON FOG visibility. the above keeps me busy and away from the lousy tube. have tried the local web sources without luck. stay dry. even my picture frame restoration business has suffered, lack of enthusiasum. dick

Name:	Wu60631.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	138836  
Old 06-02-2004, 07:55 PM
dicknadine

evening. found my 3 vu's for the Couzinet, not the 10 but the 70 ARC-en-ciel,its similar but I can modify it bac to the 10 . they are small, but I can enlarge them like all the others. right now I am doing the 1924 Dornier Do L2 Delpin ll, as usual upscaling from 2.75" wing span 3 vu dwg in World Encyclopedia of cival aircraft, (anzo angelucci) to 81" ws.. in fact i am going to copy all of the 3 vu's in the book, that is old planes. it is a fantastic collection and have queryies out for a copy of it. this will kep me busy for a few days. we have had a lot of rain, last few days- lots of flooding around the aera. none right here. dick
Old 06-02-2004, 08:01 PM
dicknadine

Here is the Couzinetnet 70 Arc-en ciel, 1929. it also is close. dick

Name:	Us53192.jpg
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	138977  
Old 06-02-2004, 08:05 PM
dicknadine

here is the missing 70 3vu, dick

Name:	Nl28715.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	138978  
Old 06-03-2004, 09:40 AM
old git

Great work Dick,
I am beginning to see the attraction of the Rainbow. The colour plate really sets it off as an attractive aircraft.
I have just found a source of exhaust throttles for the Cox TD .010. With those the cox can be used for a radio job with throttle control. I have been thinking for years of building a small profile Ford Tri-Motor for mini radio. I think that you have found a useful extra possibility for the tripple engined folly, my folly that is.

I have been busy all day organising local opposition to a sewage works that gives us a toilet smell over half the Borough. The sewage firm claims they can not do anything about the failed equipment. We recently found out tha they have been using second hand gear. The court case brought by the Local Council is next month and the sewage firm has agreed to meet the Community Forum (I am chairman).

We get some new windows fitted on Monday, on Sunday we have Belvedere Festival so more time spent there. I have been looking at some model aircraft that will interest you but no time yet to photograph them.

Please put the full details of the book in RCU and I will hae a look also. We went to the original book town before it bacame a famous thing. We went ther the year Richard Booth declared independance from Britain and King of Hay on Wye. Joanna and I are bibliophiles with something in the order of 3,000 + volumes in the house. There is not a room in the house without books. We are going to the Amnesty International book sale in Blackheath V soon. Always a good source.
By for now.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:01 PM
dicknadine

try this at the fair.

Name:	Vs55820.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	139141  
Old 06-03-2004, 12:13 PM
dicknadine

also busy back on the antique picture/mirror frame gold leaf restorations, have run out of play $$$. models are temporarly on hold. have had approx 6" of rain last 3 days, so far we are high and dry. still have to start moving things higher up as hurricane season is fast approching. had 8 feet of salt water on the ground and 4' in the house, last bad one,Camille-1969. so we get prepared early. all of my shops are on the ground, except Nadines art studio, on 2nd floor of shops. have agood one at the fairs. my email to you still bouncing. dick
Old 06-03-2004, 12:24 PM
old git

Got your eMail. Mine is V intermittent, I am told the engineering upgrade finishes on 4th and engineers available once more. I got the details of the book except for the publisher, that makes it easier to find.
I was jealous of your front and back garden but I do not think I would swop it for mine with your hurricane and flood weather.
Keep up the good work.
John.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:31 PM
dicknadine

Crown Publishers Inc, NY. published 1982, ISBN 0-517-54724-4 see if this helps. will be a plum if you find one. infact get 2 -- one for each of us, don't forget we are both on retirement. I have tried to buy this one from the libarary, however no sale--yet. dick waiting for the rain to start again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.