Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

R/C Nobler Topflite Gold Edition

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

R/C Nobler Topflite Gold Edition

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 03:12 PM
profcapo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/C Nobler Topflite Gold Edition

In Italy isn't possible to buy a kit of Nobler R.C. Can you help me to find a buyer that can send the kit in Italy. Thank you very much
Old 12-04-2006, 05:05 PM
PizzaMan
My Feedback: (4)

Profcapo,

I'm not sure you can find it to buy in the US since the kit was discontinued by Top Flite/Great Planes/Hobbico...

I did an internet search using the part number (TOPA0220) and found a few possibilities. Try

http://bestrcshop.com/eshop/advanced...A0220&x=2&y=12

This is a hobby store in Greece that claims to have one. I'm not sure that the price is all that good, but with the shipping and handling, it might be the best. Let me know how it works out for you.

Dan
Old 03-01-2007, 07:21 PM
IronKnees

I realize this thread is really old... but I know Bob Gieseke's brother who was a Airbus Captain for USAirways... Bob re-designed the Nobler in 1968 as the Gieseke "Bear" Nobler... I do see some places that sell the different Noblers as well... Here are two. Dave

http://www.egpworld.com/ultrahobby/catalog/CLkits.htm

http://members.tripod.com/TomDixon/models.htm
Old 08-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Sport Flyer
My Feedback: (10)

Just read 12 pages of this thread - nice to see such good results. Been flying the Nobler quite often with Real Flight 2 and very much like the way the sim version flies. Saw and bought a Gold Edition Nobler kit off Ebay for $80 and plan on it being my next project when I get my bench cleared of the TF Kittiwake I'm working on. Anyways, I've got 3 engine possiblities sitting unused in my shop right now. I have an Irvine 36 with Ultrathrust muffler that I had used on a Fazer, an Irvine Q40 that was on a Sledge, and a Irvine 53 that was on my Sig Somethin' Extra. I could also put the 53 on a ProTwister and use its Thunder Tiger 46 Pro on the Nobler. I had initially though of using the 36, but with all the 46 users...I'm second guessing myself.

Anyways, lets hear from the Nobler experienced.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:10 AM
PizzaMan
My Feedback: (4)

Sport Flyer,

IMO, the Nobler has some heavy balsa, and was designed in the days before we went after the really light 3D designs. TF rates the airplane to fly on a 25. However, if you want it to fly like on the sim, you should use a strong 46.

Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. Post pictures when you're done.

Dan
Old 08-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Sport Flyer
My Feedback: (10)

Probably won't start the Nobler until late spring. The Kittiwake is an unhappy build and will take a while. But I know this thread will still be here!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:16 PM
mbardsley

Well, I have been sitting on my nobler for 3 years now. I picked it up after they discontinued it, and found it at a LHS left over getting dusting. I built it 3 years ago, but never flew the thing, but its going in the air this weekend. I remember the build, it was not a pleseant build compared to the other Top-Flite golds I have built. I have retracts, flaps, Super Tiger .45 on it, with a 6 channel futaba 6DA.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Mad Man Marko-RCU

I've been sitting on my Gold Edition RC Nobler since they were dealer previews. I've got an original kit from about 1970 and every time I pick up the Gold edition kit I am reminded that Gold is one of the heaviest metals. You could use that GE Nobler to work out like a weight machine in a gym. I would think that the new OS 55 AX would be a good engine in the GE Nobler. The old ones used to fly nice at about 5 lbs. The new one should be about 8 I think.

Nothing like the good old days.

Peace

Mark O
Old 12-03-2008, 03:28 PM
warbird2
My Feedback: (8)

He! Mad Man, I have the old kit TP 14. It would be fun to build together and start a new forum on its construction. You are right, the old one is much lighter , and with the right engine would be a screamer!!!

Focus on building light would be the goal.

Raymond Piette