Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Midwest Tri-Squire

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 09:59 AM
jegbflat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Midwest Tri-Squire

Hi, did you ever produce kits for your re-design of the Tri Squire? I'd be interested if you did. Thanks...
Old 10-15-2012, 12:24 PM
logair

Tri-Squire brings back many fond memories. I built one back in the middle sixties with a Fox 15, three Royal servos, (non-proportional)Kraft single channel rec. and kraft push button transmitter. Flew great! one blip for right two blips for left and three for throttle which was a three position-low-med. and high. It is surprising what you could do with those old single channel systems. Later sold it at the local hobby shop. Logair
Old 02-19-2013, 02:37 PM
mightyhorn

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

[:-]
Wow! What you learn from pictures!
When I looked at the ad, I saw the L-9. I think my dad had one of those and possibly modified the wings slighty.
That was the one plane he had that I had no idea what it was.
Don
Old 07-25-2013, 06:39 PM
rc lifer

Hey I pciked up a Sky Squire kit. Any you built one?
Old 07-26-2013, 02:49 AM
Falcon6667

ORIGINAL: zbrubaker

I have my redesign ready for production, I've just had so much other stuff going on, I haven't been able to put any time into getting the manual done. If there is interest, I could put together some basic illustrations and get a couple of kits cut...
hAVE YOU PUT ANY KITS TOGETHER?
Old 08-08-2013, 07:42 PM
bobmrbassman

I just joined the forum and spotted this thread. I flew an Esquire in '58 and '59 and it was pretty much the same airplane with conventional LG. I flew in the Jacksonville, FL club at White House Field West of Jax. My Esquire was lost in the woods when the plane got too far away and was in a right turn and I couldn't get left rudder long enough to bring it back. It was still turning with the engine running as it flew out of sight. When I was in Mississippi, I saw a guy start up his Tri Squire and take off and it went straight as an arrow out of sight. He forgot to turn on his receiver. Bob

Last edited by bobmrbassman; 08-16-2013 at 12:06 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 08-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Michaelj2k

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's one I acquired from an estate. I'm not sure of the covering but it looks like Coverite and I don't know how it was painted. Anyway, it has an OS .20, a Kraft Sport Series three channel with a Futaba 4 channel AM receiver and three Hitec servos. Without using the elevator, it will do a rudder only loop.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2524.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	877.7 KB
ID:	1907643  
Old 12-29-2016, 04:58 PM
ORRO23

I found this thread and thought maybe someone maybe interested that I have a set of the original Tri Squire plans and also the plane still hanging in my fathers shop from when he built it in the 60's. I was going to sell the plans $10.00 if anyone would be interested in them as they are in good condition to use or to create new ones. However, after reading this thread maybe someone would be interested in the plans and the plane. The plane is still equipped with the escapement and citizenship receiver. I even have the Citizenship tone transmitter to go with..Oh my! We don't throw anything away and keep it for years until someone has too.. Hum...just saying",. Let me know Thanks.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:36 AM
hurrimk2c
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure what the attachment is as I can't open it. Do you have any pictures of the plane itself and the radio? Also, what would you be asking for for everything and can you ship? Thank you!
Old 02-19-2021, 04:28 PM
Johnmarkham

Default Electric Tri Squire

ISO an PNP Electric Tri Squire
anyone selling at this level?
please advise
thanks
john