Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Old C/L motor conversions??

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Old C/L motor conversions??

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 12:42 AM
5 oclock charly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old C/L motor conversions??

I came across a couple of older control line motors from a friend that used to do that stuff, He said the worked fine, and they look to be in good shape. But I would like to know if I could convert them for R/C use??
I have a SUPER TIGRE 35 G-21 and a MAX-S OS 35. I've looked a little in places like tower hobby, but not quite sure what I'm looking for exactly. Any Help as to part Numbers or places to purchase carb control stuff for these motors would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..
Old 07-17-2003, 02:25 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would probably be better off selling them to some U/C flier than trying to find carbs & mufflers, take the money & put that toward a new engine. Should be worth from $25.00 to $45.00 each , depending on condition. MAX H.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:12 PM
Arrow>>-->

Hey now you trying to steal my nicknme? lol
Old 07-17-2003, 06:35 PM
scalebldr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want to sell them contact me.the os can be converted to r/c with a carb but the model super tigre you have is not the timing is set for full bore operation.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:36 PM
5 oclock charly

Well, thanks for the info, think I will take Big Max's advice and sell. scalebldr leaving for vacation in the morn, will contact you with details when i return ( aug 3 ). there are some other parts i did'nt list but will throw in..new glow plugs-needle valve and such.