Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Great Planes PT-19

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 08:51 PM
AIRPLANENUTS
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes PT-19

Hi,

I am assembling a Great Planes PT-19, and in looking at the addendum regarding the cowl mounting, a question arises. The manual shows what appears to be a recessed cowl mounting tab, necessitating the hardwood blocks mentioned in the addendum. My airplane has mounting tabs flush to the fuselage. If I glue these harwood blocks to the integrated mounting tabs, my cowl will not be flush to the side of the fuse when mounted. My question is this: Is it correct to follow the addendum instructions and mount the harwood blocks? Also, is the stated CG correct, 4-15/16", and is this from the leading edge where the wing meets the fuselage? I have been told the manual is incorrect, which I did not believe, until the issue with the cowl arose. Are there any other updates we should know about? Thank you for your time and attention.

BTW I checked Great Planes website, and did not see these issues addressed.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:01 AM
AIRPLANENUTS

Default RE: Great Planes PT-19

Old 06-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We're sorry for the delay. We sometimes have to get a response from other departments, and that can take a few days.

With the flush block, you won't need the additional mounting blocks. They were for earlier kits that didn't have the flush block.

The balance point is per the instructions. 4-15/16" aft of the leading edge at the fuselage.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:37 PM
AIRPLANENUTS

Thanks, Bax. I had to mount my batteries, receiver and onboard glow aft of the servos. I'm using a Saito 1.00, which is lighter than the O.S. .91 four-stroke and two-stroke shown in the instructions, yet they mounted their battery and receiver forward of the servos. This drove me nuts yesterday. I thought perhaps I mounted the engine too far forward, but as the instructions suggest, I mounted it with the thrust washer 5-3/4" forward of the firewall. Perhaps they intend for one to mount the engine 5-3/4" forward of the front of the fuselage, which is aft of the firewall via wooden offsets and bolts. Odd!
Old 06-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Different engines, radio equipment, and production runs of the models will result in different weight and balance requirements. There are going to be variations.