Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Great Planes Rapture

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Gary496

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Rapture

After read the review in MAN, I think I need one. Now the question, I have a new Mag 80 FS I would like to install in the Rapture. Is this to much engine for the Rapture? Gary
Old 09-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Rapture

The specs for the Great Planes Rapture state that a .50-size 2-stroke and a .52-size four-stroke are the size limits. An .80-size anything would be too much engine.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Dave Kovensky
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Albuquereque New Mexico and our flying site is about 5500 feet above sea level. Normal practice is to up the engine displacement from recommended size to by about 15 percent to compensate for this (i.e. a .40 would be replaced by a .46 cubic inch). However, the product review in the May 2005 issue of Model Aviation indicates that this model provides excellent performance with a sport .40 size two stroke engine.

Since I already own an O.S. .40 LA and an O.S. .40 Surpass Four stroke, I was wondering if either of these engines would be a good match for the Rapture. (I build light and don't plan on any 3D flying, but do want a fairly aerobatic model for relaxed flying). The .40 LA weighs in at 12 ounces with a Mac's muffler and the Surpass weighs 14 ounces. I would target the flying weight at about 5 pounds. Would appreciate your recommendations

Thanks,

Dave Kovensky
[email protected]
Old 05-03-2005, 09:29 AM
Dr. Bellows
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave

I have a GP Rapture with a Saito 40 four stroke and it has more than enough power to do any maneuver. (I am at 800 ft A.S.L) The Rapture is a very light weight model and believe it or not it verticals great!

D.B.