Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

GP Giles 202 46

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Kougar Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Giles 202 46

I am building my third Giles 202. Both were heavy compared to the advertised weights and the e-conversion article data. Both also nosed over on grass runways even when shimmed forward as suggested. The plane flies good (nice pattern and IMAC figures) but has been hard to hover or torque roll. My GP Cap 232 was easier to hover and get a torque roll out of than the 202. The 232 built right at the box suggested weight.

Any suggestions to get this model to perform as originally designed. I saw Mike and Anne Marie Cross fly it, and even do a demo of the wing construction. Help, I want this one to perform as advertised. It is not a matter of engines or radio equipment or flying skill. Help!
Old 02-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: GP Giles 202 46

The Great Planes Giles G202 was not designed with 3D maneuvers in mind. It was designed to perform IMAC-type aerobatics. 3D came later.

If the model peforms good aerobatics, but won't 3D, then there's nothing wrong with the model. As long as it's within the weight guidelines, you'll be OK, and the model should do as it was originally intended.

We can't comment on other models you've seen since we haven't seen them. We do know that some individuals have ruthlessly trimmed structure to achieve significant weight savings. This also makes the model much, much less crashworthy. Any landing other than on the wheels causes significant damage.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Kougar Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP Giles 202 46

Thanks