Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

re-release of Top Flight Bonanza

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Dart373
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re-release of Top Flight Bonanza

I have posted in the "Kits" forum. I would love to build another TF Bonanza. I like the fact that I can build it V or conventional tail. I think that this is a great re-release kit. I am sure you still have the molds and canopy, so you wont need to retool that stuff. I think this is an easy deal. The Mentor wing may even work with some mods. It is screaming release me. With modern technology, laser cut parts would be so nice as well. I am always loking at Bonanza kits on EBay and here on RCU. They go from $300-$500 depending on extras. When a kit sells for more than new, thats a sign that there is a demand. Thanks for all at TF who have replied to my emails in a timely fashion. Keith
Old 06-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: re-release of Top Flight Bonanza

Thanks a lot for your interest in the Top Flite Bonanza. We're glad you're taking the effort to contact us about it. We can forward your suggestion to the Top Flite team, but cannot state whether any plans exist to re-release any previously-discontinued models. Please be aware that models get discontinued because sales were not sufficient to continued production of that particular model. The fact is that there will always be some demand for any particular model kit. That does not mean that the demand is sufficient to justify renewed production.

Again, we'll forward your thread to the Top Flite team.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Dart373

Thanks a lot for taking interest. I am curious. I wonder how many Bonanza ktis sold when they were in production. Any idea? Thanks.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Dart373

Back to the top.....
Old 06-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Bax

Sorry, Top Flite doesn't release such information.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Hawkeye
My Feedback: (27)

How about a slightly different point of view.
Bax says kits get discontinued because of insufficient sales, then goes on to say there will always be some demand for any particular kit. The case for insufficient sales is a matter of perspective. For a large company like Top Flite, sales need to be in the thousands, but to a small kit manufacturer, a few hundred kits a year could be profitable. When a kit gets discontinued, why not sell the rights and the tooling to a smaller manufacturer? This might not be feasible for an ongoing company like Top Flite, but I think it would be an excellent idea for companies that went out of business, such as Pica or Marutaka. A model kit design and the tooling are assets that could be sold and put to good use. For example, Iron Bay buying the Biron kit line. Any thoughts on this?
...Steve
Old 01-04-2007, 10:48 AM
jerrybates

Bill,

I am interested in ordering the plans for the Top Flight Gold Edition Bonanza, TF part no. BON9P01R. Can you help.

Jerry
Old 01-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Bax

Please contact:

[email protected]
Old 04-17-2007, 09:06 AM
teamscalepilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was happy to see the re-release of the Bonanza!!! Parts from the Barron 55 project will fit the airframe, mainly the Speed slope canopy...
Old 04-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Bax

Yep, along with the re-release of favorite Great Planes kits, the "Bone" is coming out this Summer, too!