Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Spectra RTF

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Shonky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectra RTF

Hi (from Australia),

I bought (quite a while ago actually) a Spectra RTF as my first RC plane of any sort. Only now have I started to actually put it together and already I'm stuck on the first page

The instructions state on page 6 state : "1. Find and open the holes in the stabilizer covering for the attachment screws"

I assume that under the MonoKote the frame of the stabiliser is or should be pre-drilled for the screws. There doesn't seem to be any holes that I can find by running my finger firmly over the MonoKote.

Should the holes already be there in the stabiliser or will I need to accurately locate and drill them myself?

I'll possibly have more questions as I advance. Any other tips while I have your attention?

Thanks.
Christian
Old 01-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Spectra RTF

The holes should be there, but they'll be small. It may be easier to remove a thin strip of the covering in that area...just make sure it will be hidden when you assemble the model. IF they're not there, then you may need to carefully locate and drill them.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:38 PM
OHNIKO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spectra RTF

i could not find them either, even holding it up 2 strong light, i ended up measuring & drilling!