Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Q: Easy Sport 40 manual instruction on hinge installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 09:45 PM
kolban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q: Easy Sport 40 manual instruction on hinge installation

Folks,
I just bought an Easy Sport 40 kit and am reading the manual ... see:

http://www.greatplanes.com/manuals/g...152-manual.pdf

For the on-line PDF.

I am specifically reading the bottom of page 11 and the top of page 12.

The bottom of page 11 reads:

D 4 Apply 6 drops of thin CA adhesive to both sides of each hinge on the elevators and rudder only - not the ailerons yet. Allow a few seconds between drops for ihe CA to wick into the slot Note that the small "tunnels you created by drilling the 3/32" holes allow the CA to freely travel in to the entire surface of the hinge, producing an extremely secure bond
while the top of page 12 reads:

D 4 Insert the hinges into the slots and trial fit the rudder and elevators in place on the fin and stab Do not glue the hinges until after you have covered the model.
I am a complete newbie and this bit has left me completely confused. There appears to be two D4 instructions and they appear to be in direct contradiction to each other. Again ... I'm a newbie so please forgive me if there is something obvious I am missing.

Neil
Old 02-16-2006, 12:50 AM
warningshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Q: Easy Sport 40 manual instruction on hinge installation

Wait until you cover the plane before glueing the hinges. Page 11 is the total operation but
you want to do just step A. B. and C. Later you will glue
Old 02-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Q: Easy Sport 40 manual instruction on hinge installation

It's easier to cover the model before you glue in the hinges, so do it that way. Install everything, and test-fit them, but don't glue the hinges until after you've covered everything.

Don't forget to actually glue them in later. I know someone who built the model, covered it, and test-fit everything. Forgot the hinges weren't glued and the the model flew long enough for the control surfaces to blow off and flutter safely to earth. The rest of the model didn't.