Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

GP CAP 232 .40 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Leobid-rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP CAP 232 .40 Kit

I'm building the Great Planes CAP 232 .40 Kit version and I'm baffled by how to build the wing panels. They say to build the left panel on top of the Rt wing on the plan. I did that for the Rt and the opposite for the Lt and now I have two Left wing panels. Each panel has the same root rib dihedral angle. Has anyone experienced this and what is the solution. I can't figure it out. I am waiting for a response from Great Planes but I though someone here might know.

I received a reply from GP support and they say to build the wing panel upside down on the plan. I just can't get it through my head what that means. The jig tabs force you to place the ribs on the plan.

They offered to replace the parts to rebuild the wing but I need a step by step clarification or I'll do the same thing over again.

When you start building the wing panel you place the spar on the plan aligned with the CL using the dihedral gage, you place a spacer under the spar past the last rib at the tip. Your place each rib with the small jig tabs against the plan / building surface. The root rib and all ribs are aligned with the dihedral gage. When I do this for each wing panel I ended up with two left wings panels.

Leo
Old 05-16-2006, 09:04 PM
theradioflyer

Default RE: GP CAP 232 .40 Kit

If I can chime in, The plane must have a perfect airfoil. The only thing that should change is the side that you make the bottom. i.e. the side that you want the servo to be.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

According to the instructions, you build the left wing panel upside-down over the right wing panel drawing, and vice-versa. The jig tabs are on the top of the ribs, so as you build the wing, you are looking at its bottom.

If you follow the instruction book exactly, you will have no difficulty.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Leobid-rc

I contacted Great Planes customer support. They were nice enough to send me the needed balsa parts and spars to rebuild the wing. I again followed the plans and inst. book watching at every step of the way. I ended up with a perfect wing. The plane flies great and all is well.

Don't know what I did wrong but it back to normal now.

Thanks Great Planes for the great model and the great support.

Leo