Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

GP 40 size Cub kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 08:29 PM
panhandledon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP 40 size Cub kit

Is there anything negative about changing the aileron single serve bell crank setup to dual servos?
Old 12-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: GP 40 size Cub kit

Nothing wrong at all. Installing a servo for each aileron will make adjusting them very easy. If you have a good set of mixers in your transmitter, then getting the proper amount of differential throw will be a snap. Go for it!
Old 12-07-2006, 03:56 PM
n8kny
My Feedback: (4)

Wow.....I'm building a GP .40 Cub as well. I already have the wing built and wish I'd read (found) this thread earlier. I think I'll do that as well. Thanks for the idea.

I am also putting in an OS 70. The directions really aren't very clear on the fuse modification needed to make room for the intake of the engine. But, I think I got a handle on it. I decided to use the GP .60 to 1.20 engine mount instead of the smaller GP one. It just feels and looks stronger installed. The smaller one had the engine right at the end!!!!

I'll be back with updates!
Thanks Again.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:01 PM
mrb1

The wing seems to be very heavy. The wood is very hard. The die cutting was excellent so I didn't want to substitute lighter wood. Is this normal ? Warren Behymer [email protected]
Old 04-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wood hardness can vary from kit to kit, or from production run to production run. As long as the model is within the recommended weights, you'll be fine.