Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

GP Cub 60 Float attachment

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 02:41 PM
BoomerSooner
My Feedback: (80)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GP Cub 60 Float attachment

Im currently building GP 60 size floats for the GP 60 size cub. the float manual covers how to attach the rear float attachment but does not cover how to attach the forward float attachment to the fuselage. Should I mount it the same as the rear and drill more holes in the plywood landing gear mount plate? Or is there a way to utilize the holes that the aluminum gear mounts to and plug the other holes that do not get used to keep water out of the fuse? any and all suggestions are appreciated
Old 09-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: GP Cub 60 Float attachment

You would use whatever's handy. If you can use the existing gear plate, then do so. A lot of guys will use the regular landing gear and just take off the wheels. Then the struts are located on the float so that the step is a hair aft of the model's balance point.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:47 AM
BoomerSooner
My Feedback: (80)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bax,

How were the floats attached on the model shown on the Cub 60 box?
Old 09-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have a box here to check, but I do see the float mounting on the Great Planes Website. The Cub shown on the floats pages show two sets of wire gear. They were custom-made for the model so that the floats would attach at the correct angle.