Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Nextar

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 11:38 AM
fredsedno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nextar

Hi Bax
Purchased a Nextar arf last Sept. [06].This plane has been a real challenge,have crashed on takeoff nearly all times .
Have set up exactly as instructed.Have beefed up nose gear and mains.
Just read a post by daRock in response to [why did my plane do what it did?]. the response relative to hor.stab.icidence.
Set up as he suggested-wing inc.0degrees,hor. stab now meas..438 [7/16]higher at l.e. than trailing edge.Thi is readily seen with eye,almost appears to run parallel with top line of fuse.Is this mean't to be or should I modify to zero? Engine downthrust is 2 degrees. I would appreciate some direction before I make a modification to result in 0*inc. Main wing appears to be 1*pos. inc.
thanks in advance,Fredsedno
Old 11-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Nextar

You mentioned that your model crashed on takeoff. How did it crash? What was the behavior. Are you trying to learn all by yourself or did an "experienced" R/C flyer try to fly the model and have it crash?

If the stabilizer has incorrect incidence, with the leading edge higher than the trailing edge, then the model would not even be able to get off the ground. The configuration you mention is a "nose down" configuration. If the model can have enough elevator to rotate the nose into the air, then the model will fly, and the crash is due to bad pilot technique. If the incidence of the stabilizer is incorrect, but the model can get into the air, then it may be more difficult to fly, but it would not automatically crash. That doesn't mean that the model may be OK for a beginner to try to fly until the incidence is correct.

If you align the fuselage so that the stabilizer is at zero degrees to the table, then the wing should be at about 1 degree, and the engine nose-down from 2-5 degrees or so. If your model aligns like that, then it's OK, and you'll have to look to the caliber of the people flying the model.