Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

G3.5 issues with Axe CP

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

G3.5 issues with Axe CP

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 01:18 PM
VBDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G3.5 issues with Axe CP

Ok, anyone tried using their Axe transmitter with G3.5 yet?

I've connected mine to the Interlink, set controller selection to Radio (you have to have xmitter powered ON by the way)

I've got a LOT of 'Cross Talk' between stick inputs when I try to calibrate it, ie: Throttle also causes rudder to pitch/flake out both directions.. Looks like just plain SH1T on the inputs. Then if I try to use it just for giggles, the model does absolutely NOTHING except cycle the main rotor PITCH. No throttle, nada...

Is something wrong with my radio, or is it that it's just junk and won't work with the InterLink? (You can see my previous post about the issues I've had out of the box.. maybe it IS the radio?)

Obviously I can just use the Interlink ( First thing EVERYONE should do is disable that damn clicker on the left stick.. lol ) but I was gonna use my radio while a friend used the interlink in Multiplayer mode. So much for that.

Thanks again for the useful information I know is about to come.

-Dave
Old 01-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Armhunter

Default RE: G3.5 issues with Axe CP

I believe the only radios that are compatible are the JR and Futaba..
Old 01-24-2007, 02:06 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the Axe TX is CCPM mixing only. It will send signals to aileron, elevator, and pitch with each stick movement. I've seen someplace on the internet where somebody has a USB connector cable and a box with a chip that removes all the mixing signals so it will work with Flight simulators. That could be your problem.

Here's a link

http://www.milehighwings.com/usb_cables.htm
Old 01-24-2007, 09:15 PM
VBDave

Yeah, I'm sure that's what it is now.. Since I was able to find blade grips and get'er back together today.. I was watching the servos and it hit me.. DUH.. eCCPM! You can't move anything on the transmitter without it firing adjustments on all 3 servos. lol.. Forgot about that...

Now.. to figure out that god forsaken WOBBLE that everyone else seems to be having after any and every 'Whooopsy' incident.. *sigh*

-Dave
Old 01-25-2007, 02:13 PM
carfanatic

I think the wobble that people are getting after crashes are from the blades. I had a small crash and noticed my blades were out of sync with one another.. I though, that was weird, well I took the blades off and the blade that hit the ground stretched the hole that the screw goes through, causeing it to sit at a downward angle. So check the holes in your blades.