Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

How do you take Shaft out of the AXE

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

How do you take Shaft out of the AXE

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Heli Bat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you take Shaft out of the AXE

How do you take Shaft out of the AXE ?

I finally got the main bolt out that holds the center hub. How do I get the main shaft out. Is everyone taking the frame apart. It seems that there are some bushings or something holding it in. Please help !!
Old 01-24-2007, 08:55 PM
2kwik2c

Default RE: How do you take Shaft out of the AXE

ORIGINAL: Heli Bat

How do you take Shaft out of the AXE ?

I finally got the main bolt out that holds the center hub. How do I get the main shaft out. Is everyone taking the frame apart. It seems that there are some bushings or something holding it in. Please help !!
You do not need to dismantle the entire frame. I would assume that you have already removed the linkages from the swash plate. Once all that are off, then you can removed the bolt from the center hub which you have already did. Take out the entire center hub that holds the blades, see-saw, stabilizer control hub, and fly bar. Becareful when removing the center hub since it's a tight fit from the main shaft. Once you have removed all those stuff, then remove the swash plate by taking off the linkages that connects to the micro servos. The next thing you have to remove is the bolt that holds the Main Rotor Gear. You'll need a small socket driver to hold the nut while you use the allen wrench to remove the bolt from the main rotor gear. Then remove the small allen type bolt from the Shaft Collar and bushing located inside the upper part of the frame which is just under the swash plate. This should free the main shaft itself. After you have taken out the bolts off those two things (shaft collar and bushings and main rotor gear), then you'll need to pull out the aluminum main shaft. It's not going to be easy since the fittings of the shaft to the Main Rotor Gear is tight. There's a reason for it's tight fitness. You gotta play with it in order to complete free it from it's grip. The very end tip of the main shaft that connects to the Main Rotor Gear have a D-type shape. Again there's a reason for it's design. Once you have replaced the main shaft then simply put it back together step by step in reverse order.

Just a suggestion before you remove each part, take a digi photo of each parts connected together. That way if you have forgotten how they look like assembled, then you can always use the photos as reference to make comparisons and see if what you are doing are proper and correct.

Refer to the pictures attached:

Here's the four (4) things you need to remove.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNWG2&P=Z

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNWK4&P=Z

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNWJ4&P=Z

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNWJ3&P=Z

Good luck and I hope this info helps out.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Heli Bat

Default RE: How do you take Shaft out of the AXE

Thank you Thank you
I have found that now, I have a severly bent feathering shaft that runs thru the center hub - maybe the source of all the wobbling.

Heli Bat