Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Tailspin!

Old 02-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Heliko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tailspin!

Has this happened to anyone else?

I've got a speed control problem with my tail motor. It just surges at random for no apparent reason whipping the heli around, and the rest of the time it will not stay on consistantly, it just pulses. I've already sent my 3-in-1 board to Hobbico, but I wondered if I was the only one lucky enough to have this problem.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:05 AM
VBDave

Default RE: Tailspin!

Gyro Gain?
Old 02-02-2007, 09:18 AM
outtamyway

If you have any vibration, your gyro will have a tough time figuring out what do do.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Heliko

I don't think it's the GG. I tried adjusting it from one extreme to the other with no effect. At this point the T/R is so unstable that if it did make a difference I couldn't tell.

My heli did have a noticable vibration after a light blade strike followed by a slightly bent mainshaft, and the tail did in fact wag, but after I replaced the mainshaft the heli was as smooth as glass. The wagging on the other hand graduated to kicking the heli around 90 degrees or more on its own. I tried adjusting the 3-in-1 board and even hooked a voltmeter to the tail motor to see if the voltage was fluxuating which it did at the lower voltages/speeds.

Oh well, you get what you pay for I guess. It's been so long since I've flown this thing I'm gonna have to start over.[]
Old 02-23-2007, 02:47 AM
Heliko

Well I got a replacement board today. I was about to install it then decided to cut off the shrinktubing on the motor leads to check the solder job. I didn't even get the all the shrinktube off and the negative wire fell right out. Needless to say I resoldered both leads then rewrapped them. It took a while to trim, but now it's running pretty good.

On a different note I found a solution to a minor annoyance on my heli I thought I'd share. Sometimes the body creeps in on the rear mounts and the maingear will rub on the body. I took a couple pieces of shrinktubing and shrank them on the rear mount rod only leaving enough room for the grommet at the end of the rod. It worked great.