Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Axe CP Gyro Alignment

Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Axe CP Gyro Alignment

Old 03-05-2007, 10:45 AM
bigmarcus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axe CP Gyro Alignment

I have to wonder if indead my Axe had been test flown as there were no screws in the servo arms. Plus, I had to do quite a bit of trimming to get things to sort of work. Granted I am relearning how to hover (the last time I flew one of these things was back in the 1989 time frame with my Baron 30 MX). Anyway, does someone have a simple way of testing to see if the gyro is working and also how to align it on my Axe? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Rotor13B

Default RE: Axe CP Gyro Alignment

Easiest way to tell is to power up the heli just enough so that the blades are spinning and give the heli a twist to your left(holding it over your head). If it's working you will hear the tail motor speed up. The instruction manual has illustrations in it telling you what each pot does on the 3 in 1 board. For quick reference though the bottom one is for tail motor speed/ engagement, the middle controls the gain for the gyro, and the top one is for balance between the left and right input from the controller.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:18 AM
bigmarcus

Default RE: Axe CP Gyro Alignment

Thanks Rotor13B, I went one step farther in checking by disconnecting the main motor leads, putting the stick at right around half throttle (just before the tail rotor starts up) and swung the tail. It works and seems to be fairly accurate to direction changes. One thing I did notice was that the 3 cyclic linkages were way out of spec. for length and the swash plate is not level. The reason for checking this was that right at lift off the copter is a real hand full to keep in one place. Come to think of it, it is a real handfull even at 3 feet up. Murphy is alive and well though, [:@] while pushing back on the ball joints one of the swash plate balls broke off. Oh well, another order to Tower (my local hobby shop sells the Axe, but does not carry any parts) A few days of waiting and I should be back in business.