Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

newbi!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbi!!

hey!! whats up guys, im new to the helimax world of rc. been doing trucks and buggys, but just starting to test the waters with heli's. ive wanted to for a long time and now im going to jump. im just waiting for the ups guy to get here and ill be good to go!. (i hope). im sure ill be asking alot of ?'s so i hopr you guys dont mind. im waiting for a helimax axe cp rtf, and was just wanting to know if anyone out there has any recamendations or suggestions on some hops or any parts to up grade, etc.. on this heli??. all reply's are greatly appreciated. thanks alot and im looking forward to talking to all who enjoy the rc hobby as i do. [sm=47_47.gif]
Old 03-15-2007, 03:17 PM

Default RE: newbi!!

Hi Javiwood, Welcome.

Lots of people swear by the Radd's school of rotory flight, but I got more use out of someone's moniker that read- "Fly it like you stole it". Seriously, download one of the simulators like FMS (Free), Clearview ($30), or if you can afford it, get RealFlight. RealFLight has ane Axe CP model in the basic database.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:41 PM

Default RE: newbi!!

Better yet, do both. I went back and forth between the basic exercises on the plane and trying the next steps on the sim, a habit I still have. If you try the next new maneuver on the sim you can get many of the crashes out of the way there instead of on your real heli. Saves a lot of money.