Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

which size lipo's for axe cp

Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

which size lipo's for axe cp

Old 06-10-2008, 11:31 PM
jayrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: which size lipo's for axe cp

Hey guys, what do you think of this battery off ebay? Great Price....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3D4%26ps%3D42
Old 06-11-2008, 01:40 AM
dabigboy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm that's a 2-cell. I'm kinda new to electrics, but if I'm not mistaken, that's a 7.4 volt pack and is for smaller heli's (Blade CP, for instance).

I'll second the Thunder Power lipo's, I picked one up at my LHS for around $50 (and I thought I was getting a hefty markup...sounds like this is pretty much the going price) and it's great. Compared to the cheapy thing I got with my Walkera (ugh) it's a world better. TP seems to be serious about what they're doing, and the pack appears very well made and packaged. The heavy clear plastic "wrapping" they add probably saved me a trashed lipo the other day when I had my first major crash with my Axe. I have the 1320mah, and can fly for around 10 minutes depending on what I'm doing. In idle-down mode I was getting around 12 or 13 minutes of easy hovering, but while flying outside in idle-up and doing more than just basic hovering, I stop at 10 minutes. In fact this morning the battery started to go RIGHT at the 10 minute mark, after sitting overnight (so it probably wasn't quite at 100% capacity).

Oh and the little instruction thingy they provide with the pack is great for lipo newbies like myself, and has some handy guidelines and numbers to take note of (maximum ambient temp for charging, storage voltage, etc).
Old 06-11-2008, 10:50 AM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That brings up a good point. Does anyone on here have a 2 cell 1320 pack they can try in their Axe? Just wanted to know if it would fly with the lower voltage and lower weight. It should fly for a longer time, if it does. You just might have to run at nearly full throttle on the transmitter stick.