Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
 flybar balancing >

flybar balancing

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

flybar balancing

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flybar balancing

how do i balance the flybar? i think it will solve my vibration issue.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:57 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts
Default RE: flybar balancing

First make sure its centered w/o the paddles.

Then install the paddles and make sure they are the same distance from whatever you're measuring from (i'm not familiar with that rotor head but use whereever the flybar comes out of the head to measure from)

You can weigh the paddles but you'd need something like a 3 beam scale to get close enough to know if they are off.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:19 PM

As a minimum, you'll need a dial caliper to measure each arm of the flybar. Optionally, you could also use a good scale to make sure the paddles are the same weight, but they're not as critical (IMO) as the blades. In short, if both arms of the flybar are the same length (make sure you pick the same measuring points for each I measure from the outer edge of the flybar frame to the point where the paddle attaches to the flybar) you SHOULD be balanced properly.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:12 PM

I was thinking my flybar was the problem with mine. I check and balanced every thing I could with calipers and a blade balancer. I think my problem is this since everything else checked out.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:07 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Disconnect the flybar links to the stalizer and disconnect the links to the seesaw. Now the Flybar should be balancing at the slideblock. Be sure the screws are loose enough to let the seesaw balance. Loosen the wheel collars (flybar weights) and slide the flybar one way or the other 'till it balances. Tighten and then spin up the flybar to verify it balances before installing the blades

I've marked mine and it can still slide to one side just barely and cause a vibration.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:19 PM

thanks for all the advice i will try to get it balanced and get back with everyone to tell them how it went.